V8

I predicted that it would be at least June before we’d see v8.0. Motorola has exceeded my lowest expectations, since we haven’t even seen a fix for co-located hardware/software problems since they appeared in v7.2.9. What I can’t understand is why I’m the only one sick of Motorola’s apathy.

Your not the only one. Although I’m fairly new to Canopy, so I really don’t have the right to complain…too much.

My concern is what does it mean.
1 Was a bug found at the last minute, and now it has taken over a month to
fix.
2 Was it never ready for release.
3 ???

Take it easy, Shaman.

I’m sure we all would like it if Moto was more vocal about the devel status of their firmware, but trying to incite a riot is not exactly productive.

I agree. A riot is counterproductive, but…

They never should have mentioned 8.0, had a webinar, and got everyone pumped up and then be THIS late.

Any words from the boys at Moto? We’ve bewen pretty patient and have not heard boo from you. At least some feedback would be appreciated.

ahull wrote:
I'm sure we all would like it if Moto was more vocal about the devel status of their firmware, but trying to incite a riot is not exactly productive.

So, sitting quietly while I watch my $1M investment depreciate is?

I want a pony.

Was that a joke, or are you trying to be a jackass?

Just curious.

i think its the jackass one :?

I think Jerry is right. A company like Motorola should, can and have the resources to do much better planning than this. Missing a release date like that is not professional. There is an upcoming webinar where they are going to talk about it. I agree that we should not create a riot, but may be we all can get together and make sure that in the next webinar, the only questions we are going to ask is “WHEN???”. That is how you get your voice heard. These forums are a great way for us to stay in touch with each other, but whatever we say here is not going to get to the people in charge. May be the support techs read it, but that’s about it.

Do you want a new and probably with some bugs firmware on any terms or do you want better one. The image exist and some bug on the BH’s was found before release. Please be patient. I want it also … :?

marwill wrote:
Do you want a new and probably with some bugs firmware on any terms or do you want better one. The image exist and some bug on the BH's was found before release. Please be patient. I want it also ... :?

One wonders how the bug could be appreciably worse than the existing problems with backhaul co-location.

Do we know when the next “webinar” will be?

16.06.2006 -6GMT

Oh sweet! Only a few days away. Thank you :smiley: