Ver 8.0

Since v8 isn’t released yet what version does everyone use? Which one seems to be the most stable?

7.3.6 on Harware Scheduling!!!

msmith no not advanced.

7.3.6 on ap’s and sm’s
7.0.7 on BH’s

Are there issues with 7.2.9?

And what about CMMmicros? What’s the suggested FW version for them?

we are running 7.3.6 on everything.

Downgrading software on BH’s only applies if you are running them in SW scheduling mode.

http://motorola.canopywireless.com/supp … d=304&c=18

ve run 7.1 on our BH’s

Jerry, you are running 7.3.6 on your BH’s and in H/W mode ? If so I assume its stable if the answer is yes, I will be upgrading.

HW on 1 BH link (P9), SW on the other link (P8)

7.3.6 on both, masters on same tower, no issues.

It only matters in SW mode, and only if there is a problem. Having 7.3.6 on BH’s does not necessarily mean there will be a problem.

Regarding the comments about canopy equipment compared to other radio equipment…proper installation and planning is what it seems to come down to, but as far as ease of use and support, canopy is the go to for plug and play devices. Especially when dealing with low cost, large WLANs. I’ve had the luck and time to mess around with some cisco 5.8 equipment (1400series bridges mostly), and they blow everything else out of the water when it comes down to throughput, latency, and reliability when dealing with point to point or smaller point to multipoint WLANs…unless its configured wrong…

mmm… anyone else know of these cisco devices…

whats their throughput/price

Regarding Canopy stability…

We’ve used multiple brands of wireless gear, and Canopy has been by far the most stable. The long-running uptime on most of our access points will testify to this.

Also soooo much more manageable than other hardware. We have over 2500 Canopy SMs deployed, and the use of prizm (admittedly sucky, but useful nonetheless) and our own internally developed management solutions make the job of an administrator so much simpler. (All this as contrasted to say…Trango gear…ugh)

finally they have v8.1 out now.

Anyone tried it?~

Playing with it right now… looks like mostly the same features with a updated UI

Completely new kernel to fully take advantage of your Advantage and HW scheduling.

Hmmm… I’m finding it to be somewhat unresponsive on my 5.2 AP I’m playing with… really slow. Is this just me?

Applied to a 2.4 AP and seems to load much faster than before, will have to try and apply it to the rest of the ap’s on the tower and the 2 customers =)

has anyone played with the SM isolation settings yet;

Just wondering what other people have been setting this too, looks like a nice option, wish they would have had it out a while ago.

Wait, yes… its back up to speed now… don’t know what was causing it to lag so bad initially… maybe just needed a reboot…

I really dislike all the different pages. I used to use RoboForm to pre-confiure units before they went into the field. I only had to access 3 pages to do it. Now that is totally gone. There needs to be some way to save config to a file and upload it now!