Very strange AP

Well this is a question for all users of 900 ap’s out there. I have been round and round with Cambium tech support and haven’t gotten a straight answer from Cambium support.
The AP will reboot at various times and also LUID many subscriber units, never the same ones.
Here is the log from the unit.

System Startup
System Reset Exception – Watchdog Reset
Software Version : CANOPY 11.2 AP-DES
Board Type : P10
Device Setting : AP
FPGA Version : 111010
FPGA Features : DES, Sched, US/ETSI
01/01/2011 : 00:00:02 UTC : :Acquired GPS Sync Pulse.
04/10/2012 : 18:13:56 UTC : :Time set
04/10/2012 : 18:16:05 UTC : :Cannot Process TEARDOWN_TEMP_VC_PTYPE since LUID 36341 is out of range

:expressionless: wat

How many SMs on this AP? Sounds like a bug to me… AFAIK LUIDs are capped low and VCCs only go to 255 or something

Not a fluke as it is doing it constantly and no resolution from Cambium. The numbers vary in the log reports. The AP will run fine for several days or just a matter of minutes after a reboot. This is a BRAND NEW ap as well. I have really lost faith in both the product and support from Cambium.Wireshark reports show nothing. We have sent log after log and CNUT reports to Cambium and was hoping someone MIGHT have an answer.

Sounds hardware related to me. I’ve got about 100 900 AP’s all running 11.2 and haven’t seen this on a single unit. We did see it on 11.1 however. How are you powering this? CMM?

I’m just wondering if this was ever resovled. I’m seeing it as well on 2 APs. They are all powered and Sync’d by a CMM Micro and customers SMs show lots of registrations/session counts. It is on 2 of the 3 APs, all 900 MHz.

We saw a similar issue but on a 2.4 AP. It turned out to be a customer’s radio had taken a near miss from a lightning strike and was broadcasting some weird traffic which caused the AP to lock up and reboot. Once we replaced the customer’s radio, we haven’t had a problem since.

How did you find the offending SM? This may have all started back after a lightning storm. We replaced the AP, antenna, even the CMM but haven’t fixed it yet.

We have about 28 SMs on the AP

rosborne wrote:
How did you find the offending SM? This may have all started back after a lightning storm. We replaced the AP, antenna, even the CMM but haven't fixed it yet.

We have about 28 SMs on the AP

Long and drawn out process. Basically, we had to go sit at the tower and reboot the AP. As soon as customers started coming on line, we had to change the color code of their radio to something not associated with the tower. Once we got everyone changed we changed the AP's color code long enough to change one radio at a time back to the original color code. Once we saw our AP lock up and ping times to it change, we knew which radio we had just added so we changed it's color code to something different again. A couple of times doing this, and we were positive we had the right customer SM.

This involved rebooting the AP a couple of hundred times over a 4 hour period, but we were able to find the customers radio and replace it.