This article describes the VLAN features available in 60 GHz cnWave
The following 802.1Q features are supported per port
- Adding single VLAN tag to untagged packets
- Adding QinQ/double-tag to untagged packets
- Adding QinQ outer tag to single tagged packets
- Transparently bridge single/double tagged packets (default behaviour)
- Remarking VLAN ID
- Remarking 802.1p priority
- Option to allow only the selected range of VLAN IDs
- Option to drop untagged packets
- Option to drop single tagged packets
- Option to select ethertype of the outer tag
Note: VLAN configuration is applicable only when Layer2 bridge is enabled
By default, ethernet port is in transparent mode. Packets will be transparently bridged without any 802.1Q processing.
Q mode allows adding single C-VLAN tag to untagged packets
Native VLAN ID and priority fields define the above mentioned C-VLAN tag properties.
This option allows to drop untagged packets. Native VLAN properties are not necessary to fill when untagged packets are dropped.
Allows only the listed range of VLAN IDs.
QinQ mode allows adding double tag to untagged packets and outer S-VLAN to single tagged packets
These are C-VLAN tag properties of added tag.
These are S-VLAN tag properties of the added outer tag.
In QinQ mode, the above options allow to drop untagged/single tagged ingress packets. Native C-VLAN fields are not necessary when dropping single tagged packets. Native S-VLAN fields are not necessary when dropping untagged and single tagged packets.
Allow only the listed range of VLAN IDs. VLAN ID of the outer tag is used for this check.
This ethertype is used while adding outer tag
VLAN ID of the ingress packet is remarked. In the above example, if a packet with VLAN ID 10 enters ethernet port, it is remarked to 100. In the egress path, the reverse remarking occurs. VLAN ID 100 is remarked to 10 and egresses the ethernet port.
The VLAN ID of the outer tag is used for remaking. For a double tagged ingress packet, S-VLAN ID gets remarked and for a single tagged packet, C-VLAN ID
Priority field in the (outer) VLAN tag of ingress packet can be overwritten using this option.
A Single tag or double tag (select Add Outer tag check box) can be added to Management traffic.
Following get tagged with Mgmt VLAN on PoP
- All traffic generated by PoP. HTTPS (GUI) , E2E, NTP, BGP etc
- All traffic that gets routed via PoP. This includes E2E traffic from CNs and DNs
All IPv4 traffic generated by CNs/DNs like HTTPS (GUI), NTPv4.