VLANs on a single AP

Hi! I’m an ISP, and I have a customer that has purchased a dedicated AP and 3 SM’s from me to do 3 private network shots. None of these SM’s will need to connect to the Internet – they are strictly for private traffic.

I have their dedicated AP plugged into one of my CMM’s that also has several other AP’s on it. I need for my customers 3 locations to see each other, and don’t want anyone else to be able to see them. So… Is this simply a matter of Enabling VLAN support on their private AP, and setting the same VLAN ID on the 3 SM’s? Will that essentially isolate the 3 SM’s, yet still give me the ability to manage their AP (via VLAN 1)? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Gene

That’s it.

Thank you!

Ok, so I guess I have one more question… I set the Untagged Ingress VID to the same VLAN ID on all 3, correct? Are the customers routers going to need to be made aware of this, or will this just essentially isolate the traffic?

I guess that’s 3 more questions…

Thanks again!

– gene

wibeam wrote:
I set the Untagged Ingress VID to the same VLAN ID on all 3, correct?

Correct

wibeam wrote:
Are the customers routers going to need to be made aware of this, or will this just essentially isolate the traffic?

You are essentially delivering a bridge between the three locations. they will need to work out how they want the three locations to interconnect.

If I were setting this up, I would put VPN routers in at all three locations with one acting as the main office and the other two acting as remote office. The main office would be the one with Internet Access and servers.

I am successfully running this type of setup. Just enable VLAN in APs, Add few VLAN IDs and connect the respective SMs in desired VLAN id. Thats simple. No need to put any VPN router. Only same VLAN members will be able to talk with each other. others are not allowed.

I think this is the best inbuilt feature of canopy.