Voip Help

We currently sell a voip solution to our customers.

We are constantly getting complaints about dropped audio ect.

We are using 2.4 Advantage AP’s.

The customers sm

Stats for LUID: 19 Test Duration: 2 Pkt Length: 1522
Downlink RATE: 4092672 bps
Uplink RATE: 2008064 bps
Downlink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Max Downlink Index: 100
Actual Downlink Index: 100
Expected Frag Count: 15987
Actual Frag Count: 15987
Uplink Efficiency: 100 Percent
Max Uplink Index: 100
Actual Uplink Index: 100
Expected Frag Count: 7844
Actual Frag Count: 7844

High Priority is enabled on the customers antenna.

As well in the Sipura That we use.

RTP Parameters
RTP Port Min: RTP Port Max:
RTP Packet Size:0.020 Max RTP ICMP Err:0
RTCP Tx Interval:0 No UDP Checksum:NO

Network Settings
SIP ToS/DiffServ Value: 0x38 SIP CoS Value: 3 [0-7]
RTP ToS/DiffServ Value: 0x78 RTP CoS Value: 6 [0-7]
Network Jitter Level:High Jitter Buffer Adjustment:up and down

I havent played with the QOS settings in the AP. If I remember these setting settings will be high priorty with out changed the diff serv vaules in the ap?

The path for the unit

SM ----->AP ------>20 meg BH ----->Switch------->Router------>Fiber

High Priorty is enabled in the BH’s as well

Any Help would Be greatfull

Hmmm… I offer a similar solutions to my customers with no issues. Does your VoIP traffic travers the Internet? Via your fibre? What kind of signal levels do you have at your SMs? Jitter? Reregs? How much data are you running parallel to the VoIP? Which protocol and codec are you using? How many customers are on the AP? Ho wmuch traffic is passing through the AP?

I have seen the 2.4 SMs cause some noise in 2.4 cordless phones and the phone cause higher jitter on the SMs. I have been recommending customers use 900 or 5.8 phones.

Aaron

I assume you are in the HWS with HP channel enabled on the SM. Check the statistics for the HP channel if there are not dropped packets either in the uplink or downlink direction.
But, this does not look like HWS enabled radio:
VoIP is best served with HWS (AP-SM).

Hmmm.... I offer a similar solutions to my customers with no issues. Does your VoIP traffic travers the Internet? Via your fibre? What kind of signal levels do you have at your SMs? Jitter? Reregs? How much data are you running parallel to the VoIP? Which protocol and codec are you using? How many customers are on the AP? Ho wmuch traffic is passing through the AP?

I have seen the 2.4 SMs cause some noise in 2.4 cordless phones and the phone cause higher jitter on the SMs. I have been recommending customers use 900 or 5.8 phones.

We check to make sure that they arent using a 2.4 phone upon install.
Yes the voip traffic is going out our fiber channel. It seems that most of the issues lie with the uplink, IE customers break to the people they are talking to. For upload traffic we have 12 meg and are using about 2 meg even at peak times.

assume you are in the HWS with HP channel enabled on the SM. Check the statistics for the HP channel if there are not dropped packets either in the uplink or downlink direction.
But, this does not look like HWS enabled radio:
VoIP is best served with HWS (AP-SM).

This is on a HWS AP, The values are lowerer as I increaded the control slots as well as its set to 60 downlink 40 up.