Water inside sticker

Yestarday evening after a downpour (not too exaggerated) my ePMP1000 stop working

Today I replace the unit and I find water inside sticker.

I attach a photo

Sticker isn't waterproof?

@Mirko wrote:

Yestarday evening after a downpour (not too exaggerated) my ePMP1000 stop working

Today I replace the unit and I find water inside sticker.

I attach a photo

Sticker isn't waterproof?

Mirko,

The unit you have looks like it had a clear plastic tape over it as well. We did have some issues with a batch of the stickers and we had a short term solution to apply a weather proof sticker on top. Looking at the picture it seems the extra sticker was not applied properly as it did not have enough clearance on the top part. The good news is that we have already addressed this issue in production and there will not be a need for the extra sticker and the problem is also addressed. If you like, I will be happy to swap out the unit free of charge and gladly take this one back. 

You can email me offline at sakid.ahmed@cambiumnetworks.com

Sakid

4 Likes

It is frustrating to see that even the ePMP 1000 GPS Sync have the same problem

It is the second GPS Sync unit with water infiltrations

I wanna kick the tires on this issue.

Just wondering if we have one of these radios and it has this water issue after the one year warranty will there be an exception made for this issue if the sticker doesnt hold? : )

Better yet - what is being done to mitigate this issue with future units? Can the case be redesigned so it doesnt require a sticker. I'm not sure if a sticker truely constitutes an IP55 rating does it?

Water jets Water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects. Test duration: at least 3 minutes

Water volume: 12.5 litres per minute
Pressure: 30 kPa at distance of 3 m

The design is terrible and poor for the snap in lower part of the radio.

A while ago I posted on the ideas section something related to this matter (I cant find the post anymore) where ofcourse had to say that whoever designed the casing have never been on a top of a tower, or installed an epmp1000 radio before.

Cant use tough cable because the opening doesn't fit unless you cut around, the gps cable breaks, the cover doesn't snap in so you have  to use duct tape..lol!

I don't know what to say, but there are the examples...water in, rusted connectors...

Hope someone at Cambium will read the posts around and take the re-design serious.

Cheers