Web Server Port Change

Perhaps it would be nice to change the port that the web server inside the radios is running on. Not only would it be somewhat of a security feature, but maybe it would end up being a temporary fix for the web interface lockup issue.

One of the justifications presented for the lockup issue was that having the units on the public internet, running a server on TCP:80 opens them up to anyone on the internet not halted by a firewall. Since these units would be wide open, it has been suggested that these units are seeing an awful high amount of traffic and this could possibly be one cause of the lockup issue.

Just add a text field to the HTML interface which takes a TCP port as input. If the port is forgotten and a port scanner is not accessible, inserting the default plug should reset the unit to the default port, 80.

Any thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Along those lines, IP-based restrictions on the web interface would be nice too. Something similar to the “Accessing Subnet” field in the SNMP config.

I’m currently achieving the same results via an ACL in the router at the tower site.

ahull wrote:
Sounds good to me. Along those lines, IP-based restrictions on the web interface would be nice too. Something similar to the "Accessing Subnet" field in the SNMP config.

I'm currently achieving the same results via an ACL in the router at the tower site.

That would be very nice to have, especially since we have no equipment except a CMM, BH or SM, and AP's at all tower sites. Its just too costly and difficult to maintain a router at each tower site.