What should I do if the Backhaul master module will not allow registration of a Backhaul slave module?

What should I do if the Backhaul master module will not allow registration of a Backhaul slave module?

There are several likely scenarios? that must be considered:

CASE I: The problem in this case is that the color code of the BHM and the BHS do not match. The user should verify that the color codes of the BHM configuration web page is the same as the color codes of the BHS configuration web page. Once this is done, no further corrective action will be necessary.

CASE II: The problem in this case is that the BHM does not have a transmit frequency chosen. It is important to verify that the transmit frequency chosen on the configuration page of module is set to a frequency. From factory, BHM modules are set to wire which is no frequency. The user needs to also verify that the red PWR LED lights up when powered on and that the green LNK LED lights up approximately 25 seconds later. If the orange SYN LED flashes occasionally, this means that the module is in alignment mode because it cannot establish an Ethernet link. Corrective action includes fixing the configuration issue. If there has been no customer inflicted damage and the Ethernet port is still experiencing connectivity issues, request an RMA.

CASE III: The problem in this case is that the BHS is not scanning the frequency that the BHM is transmitting on. It is important for the user to verify that there is a check box on the BHS configuration page. Once this is done, no further corrective action will be necessary.

CASE IV: The problem in this case is that there is no clear LOS. The user should make sure that he has a complete understanding of LOS rules and Fresnel zone considerations. Once the equipment is installed following LOS guidelines, there will be no more corrective action necessary.

CASE V: The problem in this case is that the BHS is not in the same frequency band as the BHM. The user should verify that the BHS is in the same frequency band as the BHM it is transmitting from. For example, a 5.7 GHz SM must be used with the analogous 5.7 GHz AP. Once this is done, no further corrective action will be necessary.