What should I do if the Module does not establish Ethernet connectivity?

What should I do if the Module does not establish Ethernet connectivity?

CASE I:The problem in this case is a defective Ethernet cable or a defective pair of Ethernet cable connectors. One should analyze the crimps of the crossover as well as check that the cables are pinned out according to the Canopy specifications. One should also verify that the appropriate cable is being used. Corrective action includes replacing connectors and re-crimping. It is imperative that the pins match the wiring diagram found in the user manual.

CASE II:The problem in this case is that the link LED does not light up on either the Canopy module or the network port the device is connected to. When the module is powered on, the red PWR LED lights up. Verify that approx 25 seconds later the green LNK LED lights up on the module. If it does not, you may see the orange SYN LED flash occasionally. This means that the module is in alignment mode because it cannot establish an Ethernet link. Corrective action in this case involves requesting an RMA.

CASE III:The problem in this case is that the Ethernet cable is pinned out incorrectly. A straight-thru cable is used to a NIC. A crossover cable is used to connect a module directly to a hub, switch or router. Corrective action in this case involves using proper cable configuration. No further action is required.

CASE IV: The problem in this case is that the module establishes link at 10 baseT but not at 100 baseT (or vice versa). The user should verify that the module and/or Ethernet port is connected and set to auto-negative. Corrective action involves determining whether this is a negotiation issue. One should request an RMA if it is determined that the problem is not a negotiation issue.

For mor information on Canopy cabling requirments please review the current user manuals found at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files