What traffic manager do you use?

I am trying to find a cost effective bandwidth manager. I know BAM works and all, but I want to be able to control multiple customers behind one SM. What are you guys using?

So you have several individual customers running off of one SM and you want to control each customer individually?

If so, a managed switch would work. You should be able to throttle each port to whatever throughput you want.

Lots of inexpensive Linux solutions to do bandwidth arbitration, too.

ahull wrote:
So you have several individual customers running off of one SM and you want to control each customer individually?

If so, a managed switch would work. You should be able to throttle each port to whatever throughput you want.

What managed switch would you use for this (that is cost-effective)? I have a few Dell PowerConnect 2708 laying around but they dont offer bandwidth throttleing.
systemseven wrote:
What managed switch would you use for this (that is cost-effective)? I have a few Dell PowerConnect 2708 laying around but they dont offer bandwidth throttleing.

I'm using Extreme switching for this.
systemseven wrote:
What managed switch would you use for this (that is cost-effective)?

The more I think about it, (at least the) managed switches I've used are great for turning connectivity on and off (IE: per port) but bandwidth limiting...

That seems like its best handled by spesfic software. There's ton's on them out there. I've used M0n0 wall, a mini BSD distro that acts as a gateway/captive portal (with traffic shaping).