Why would Session & Reg counts be higher than re-reg cou

Hi, Does anybody know what could be causing no re-reg’s but alot of Session & Reg counts?
or even what exactly is Session & Reg count? how it works?

Session Timeout: 0, AirDelay 76 (approximately 2.12 miles (11172 feet))
Session Count: 38, Reg Count 40, Re-Reg Count 4
RSSI (Avg/Last): 1605/1619 Jitter (Avg/Last): 4/4 Power Level (Avg/Last): -63/-63
DnRate(D): 256 DnLimit(D): 256 UpRate(D): 256 UpLimit(D): 256 (kbit)
LoUpCIR(D): 0 LoDnCIR(D): 0 (kbps)
Rate : VC 18 Rate 1X/1X

sessions is how many sessions the the sm has had with the ap
reg count is how many registration request messages the ap has recieved from the sm
an sm can go threw several sessions without having to re register with the ap.
this could be due to an installation problem or interfearence.

Thanks for that info attitude. I was wondering why the RSSI and Jitter never change if there was RF interference? Wouldn’t these vaues be affected due to the frequency being weakened by interference?

Jitter and RSSI values will not change if there is no user traffic going through the RF link. So if only control information is being sent then you will see Jitter & RSSI values staying constant.

How does the uptime on the SM look? Is it loosing power or being reset?

Tech Support’s question about uptime is, I presume, related to the following:

If the AP looses the link to an SM for a short time – before the AP’s Session page shows the SM as IDLE – then when the SM reconnects it will add to the Re-Registration Count. This is because the AP still considered the SM to be IN SESSION.

If, on the other hand, the link is down long enough for the Session to go IDLE, then the reconnection instead adds to the Registration Count.

I don’t know what time interval distinguishes between the two, nor do I understand the distinction between Session Count and Registration Count. Hopefully Tech Support can elaborate.

Thanks for the info everyone. One thing that isn’t clear though is, if the session or reg count changes, would the customer lose connectivity temporarily while this occurs?

Therefore meaning that the re-reg’s dont indicate when customers have dropped there connection, Session, Reg & Re-Reg should all be monitored to diagnose connection issues??

The SM will always lose its connection when the Counts increase. The only indication as to how long the connection was lost is whether the Registration or Re-Registration Count increases.

For example. Back Hauls with v4.2.3 and Airlink Security set to Encryption Enabled will Re-Register every 24 hours when the units exchange a new encryption key. The link is lost for a couple seconds when this occurs. I haven’t tested this on newer software versions.