Wireless client statistics

Hi there,

Is there currently a way to view historical data for what wireless clients have been connected to a cnpilot router in cnMaestro? Simmilar to the performance graphs.

Thanks 

Ben

Can you provide an example of the type of information you are looking for?  For example, do you want a list of all of the clients that were connected (at some point) during the last week along with some sort of summary about their connection times?  Or are you looking to see a list of the device that were connected, for example, two days ago between 3-4pm? 

Currently, cnMaestro shows a chart displaying the number of clients connected over time (i.e. last week) as a plot.  To view this, click on the device and then select STATISTICS.  Click on the Perforamnce Charts tab. 

A tabular list of the clients that are currently connected to the WiFi AP can be viewed by clickng on the WiFi AP and then viewing either the Dashboard or Statistics pages.

When viewing the client list you can also click a client's name and then the Roaming History tab to see the last 10 APs to which the client was connected.  I realize this is history from the perspective of the client and not the AP though.

1 Like

Hi there,

It would be helpful to have a list of individual clients that have been connected e.g. on a day to day basis, with their connection times and average or hourly signal level to the router. This would help when debugging a customers connection issue so we can see if at certain times during the week/day their device may be far away from the router and causing them problems.

Thanks for your reply.

Ben

1 Like

Jordan,

Is this in the router itself or in cnMaestro?

Thanks

This is in cnMaestro.

Navigate to a Site or device Dashboard.  Click the Clients tab to show data charts and the client list table.  Click the Name of a client in the table which looks like a link.  This brings up a modal window for that client that has two tabs: Information (general info) and Roaming History.  Roaming history displays that last 10 APs to which the client was connected, not including the current AP, with the AP's name, MAC address, the duration of the connection and the total amount of data tranfered.

Thanks for pointing this out for me.......

My other comment is more of what we are looking for.

---------------------------------------------

It would be helpful to have a list of individual clients that have been connected e.g. on a day to day basis, with their connection times and average or hourly signal level to the router. This would help when debugging a customers connection issue so we can see if at certain times during the week/day their device may be far away from the router and causing them problems.

---------------------------------------------

Thanks 

Ben

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback Ben.  We will take this into consideration for future enhancements.

1 Like

I suggest you also post that request to the Ideas section to give it greater visibility and let others vote on it.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Your-Ideas/idb-p/Ideas

Thank you. I have done this now.

Cheers

Ben