WISPAPALOOZA 2017

Atul Bhatnagar shares the newest solutions with 300 WISPs at #WISPAPALOOZA

Lots of new technology on display

4 Likes

Ray:

Are you going to share some of the information from yesterday's presentation? 

check out today's press release at http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/news-events/cambium-networks-announces-new-wireless-broadband-solutions-to-extend-connectivity/

1 Like

Please post your questions and comments to this thread.

When can we expect to get our hands on this stuff?

1 Like

It's here at the show. Which one are you most interested in?

PTP 550 info is HERE

I'm most interested in the Force 300... unfortantely, I'm not at the show. When are they going to start shipping?

We expect to start shipping F300-25 before the end of the year.

Thanks Ray

1 Like

@CambiumMatt wrote:

We expect to start shipping F300-25 before the end of the year.

But you will not be able to connect them to a PTMP AP (ePMP3000), for quite a long time. So only good for PTP.

I think it would have been great if there was a way to make a F-300 connect to a ePMP2000 but this is not the case apparently.

+1 Cambium. If you’re shipping the sm’s a lot sooner than the 3000 I feel like I’m missing out by purchasing current force200’s in the meantime when I could be buying the ac force200’s and then forklifting the AP’s when they’re released. Please make the new sm’s connect to older ap

Same here. Id buy f300s if they could register to our 1000s and 2000s APs. I will wait for the ptp550 for our point to point work. I get the concept of it being a ptp radio, but it has little room on my network without being able to be used as a cpe on our existing APs. Hopefully this happens sooner than later!

Can I get more tech details about F300 functionality?

I mean, I'd like to know which bandwidth channel it will use to reach 500 Mbps throughput? 80 Mhz?

What kind of modulation will it reach? 1024 QAM?

Just for wondering...

What about prices? Can you tell us what will be the price for F300 and PTP550 ?

I can't get to WISPAPALOOZA since we're overseas... :(

Best regards,

Paolo

1 Like

@paolo-pftech wrote:

Can I get more tech details about F300 functionality?

I mean, I'd like to know which bandwidth channel it will use to reach 500 Mbps throughput? 80 Mhz?

What kind of modulation will it reach? 1024 QAM?

Just for wondering...

What about prices? Can you tell us what will be the price for F300 and PTP550 ? 

Best regards,

Paolo

The Force 300 is an 802.11ac Wave 2 radio, so it supports a maximum of 256QAM. 500mbps would be using an 80mhz channel.

The list price for the Force 300 and PTP550 are $169 and $650, respectively.

I've attached the spec for the PTP550... I cannot seem to find a spec sheet for the Force 300 at this time.

2 Likes

@Cambium_RayS wrote:

Atul Bhatnagar shares the newest solutions with 300 WISPs at #WISPAPALOOZA

Lots of new technology on display

I spy a Steve Kielley on the top photo and a Matt Mangriotis in the second photo!

Are you going to be posting the spec sheets on the Force 300 today?  

We are currently drafting them and should have all of the details soon.

1 Like

Thank you for posting the spec sheet here. I just looked on the web site and there are no spec sheets yet. In fact the web site seems to be missing a lot of spec sheets, as if somebody decided that a few big highlights were  an adequate substitute. It's not! Please have your webmaster undo the dumbing-down. You're not selling toothpaste.

I saw the PTP550 at WISPAPALOOZA and it does look impressive, and competitively priced. The Force radios are usable for a lower-capacity cheap PTP link but this really gets into the serious backhaul space.

A bit confused. So are you saying that cambium is FINALLY going to enable 80Mhz for PTMP with the ePMP 3000 and force 300? I'm literally about a month or so away from expanding to a new state and looking towards going Micropops all over the place. If so I'd like to be considered to test this early and provide feedback. It would be cool to use Cambium for this sort of deployment.

Hi. The PTP 550 Spec Sheet is at https://www.cambiumnetworks.com/resource/ptp-550/ 

Ray