WLAN config problem with software 3.2.1 -r6

When I put this software on a ePMP1000 Hotspot, the WLAN settings can't be changed and I cannot add another WLAN.  I went back to 3.1.1.1 -r1 and I can add and edit WLAN.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Steve

could you please clear your browser cache or shift-refresh to reload the GUI page completely?
3.2.1 us enhancements to the GUI in WLAN edit and there is a possibility your browser is using a cached GUI from 3.1.1 to edit the 3.2.1 pages.

I tried clearing the cache after I removed 3.1.1 and put in the 3.2.1.  Same thing.  I cannot change settings in the WLAN tab. I can see them but it is kind of like it is grayed out.  Other menu tabs seem to let me make changes.  I tried Chrome and I can make changes to WLAN settings.  Something in IE.  Version is Internet Explorer 11. I can delete the WLAN s that I had programmed in using the 3.1.1 but when I try to add a WLAN and save it, it acts like it didn't see my keystrokes and tells me the SSID character length isn't correct.

@steveschuh wrote:

I tried clearing the cache after I removed 3.1.1 and put in the 3.2.1.  Same thing.  I cannot change settings in the WLAN tab. I can see them but it is kind of like it is grayed out.  Other menu tabs seem to let me make changes.  I tried Chrome and I can make changes to WLAN settings.  Something in IE.  Version is Internet Explorer 11. I can delete the WLAN s that I had programmed in using the 3.1.1 but when I try to add a WLAN and save it, it acts like it didn't see my keystrokes and tells me the SSID character length isn't correct.

thanks for verifying this on multiple browsers, that was very helpful.

We did have an issue with WLAN configuration through IE, is fixed in 3.2.2 now under beta (https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp%201000%20hotspot/beta)

Thank you.  That resolved the problem with the WLAN tab using IE 11

Steve

I just got some E500 units and I am experiencing the same problem with the WLAN config fields not responding.  Should I go with the Beta software on these units?  Are there likely any problem with the Beta that will cause other proplems?

Steve

• Software is not an issue.
  • Please follow steps as below:
    • Clear cache of E500 IP on your browser.
    • If issue still persists, please use chrome or firefox.

Please let us know, if issue still persits.

@steveschuh wrote:

I just got some E500 units and I am experiencing the same problem with the WLAN config fields not responding.  Should I go with the Beta software on these units?  Are there likely any problem with the Beta that will cause other proplems?

Steve

When you say same issue: the config works from other browsers but not IE?

if so, yes please use firmware 3.2.2-beta, the issue affected E-series APs in addition to ePMP1000-Hotspot 

thanks

The issue is not present using Chrome or Firefox but with IE.  Software is an issue as IE works with the 3.2.2 b and with 3.1.1 version.

Thanks for confirming. This issue was indeed software and is resolved in the upcoming release 3.2.2 (now in beta) for all of: epmp1000-Hotspot, E400 as well as E500.