WOW!!! 8.0

If you all didn’t attend the Webinar you should have.

The good.

8.0 has new GUI. 4 access levels, link tests are auto refresh and can reflect MIR values, To view sm in sessions hyperlink from sessions page. Sm’s in alpa order according to location instead of by LUID. Fixed CIR value. lots more.

The bad for some.

8.0 is not software scheduling compatable therefore you cannot upgrade non-Advantage AP’s or BH’s to 8.0. All p7, p8, and p9 SM’s are hardware scheduling compatable so they will upgrade.

7.3.6 is the final release for non-Advantage AP’s and BH’s

After 3/31 all SM’s shipped will have 8.0 and will not be software downgradable so they will only run in hardware mode.

Interprit it how you want but sounds like after march you wont be able to buy sm’s to work on your non-advantage AP’s

If you upgrade to 8.0 It is strongly recommended you dont downgrade but you can with techsupports help.

Webinar should be posted in few days so you can see for yourselves.

Upgrade procedure will be you have to be running 7.3.6 and in hardware mode. Use CNUT 2.0 which will be compatable with 30/60/150/300BH’s

I missed the webinar by 10 minutes. <sigh> But this has me concerned:

attitude0330 wrote:
After 3/31 all SM’s shipped will have 8.0 and will not be software downgradable so they will only run in hardware mode.

Interprit it how you want but sounds like after march you wont be able to buy sm’s to work on your non-advantage AP’s

Sounds like a heavy-duty lawsuit in the making to me. I’ll be taking that up with the Motorola people first thing Monday. What happened to “no SM left behind,” etc. that they were promising us?

I just spoke with a moto rep. about the sm issue p-8 and p-9

(quote)After 3/31 all SM’s shipped will have 8.0 and will not be software downgradable so they will only run in hardware mode.

Any ap (non-advantage) that has software and hardware scheduling mode will support the version 8.0 sm’s and p-8 units.

clueless wrote:
Any ap (non-advantage) that has software and hardware scheduling mode will support the version 8.0 sm's and p-8 units.

Which means the P8 APs will not. That's a big issue.

Where can one find these webinars posted?

the replays are under support, knowledge base, videos. They don’t have Feb posted yet.