Xirrus XH2-240 vs AIRONET 1560

Hi. Does any one knows if the XH2-240 has a PTP model like CIsco AIRONET 1560 advertises it? I can’t find any information about this.

do you mean a PTP mode? The XH2-240 has RF connectors so you can utilize external high-gain directional antennas if you like for PTP and PMP links.

Thanks Jim, that’s right, PTP mode is what I meant.

But Does it has the capability for PTP mode? It’ll be very helpfull to get the XH2-240 User Manual but I can’t find it.

XH2-240 can be configured for PTP. The documentation refers to this as WDS. If you advise the software version on your XH2-240 then we can provide the appropriate User Guide

Thank you very much, Skippy. We don’t own any XH2-240 unit. We a customer who wants to deploy a Aironet 1560 because of its PTP capabilities and we want to convince them of the contrary but I couldn’t find any literature about such options for the XH2-240.

Regards

1 Like

*We have a customer…

The PTP capability on Xirrus APs is referred to as WDS. Please find attached the steps to configure WDS. Hope you find it useful.WDS configuration steps.docx (16.8 KB)

2 Likes

I’ve converted this into a knowledge-base article:

1 Like

It’ll be nice if someone with the experience publish a Whitepaper about the PTP/WDS, implementation.