XMS Cloud - What APs are Supported?

For partners that have long time Xirrus AP deployments, what APs will be able to be supported within XMS Cloud now and going forward? Is there certain firmware version on the older Xirrus APs allow it to be used on the newer platform? If not, what is the AP models that will no longer be supported?

1 Like

Hello

I also had same question to Cambium Xirrus Engineer like you.

In result, you can manage all of XR series, XD series, AOSLite Models such as XR320, X2-120 in XMS-C now.

So I think you will need to recommand XMS-C to your customers or partners that have long time Xirrus AP deployments.

and I'm not exactly sure the newer platform you said.

In case of XMS-C with my experience, I know there is no any limit of firmware version on the older Xirrus APs allow it to be used, as long as those aps have entitled to support(buying license of XMS-C) through XMS-C.

In case of XMS-E, Based on XMS-8.2.7-8408 version, it has limit of firmware version on the older Xirrus APs.

It has difference to each AP's model. However, If you are using AOS(firmware version) older than 7.6.x version of Xirrus AP(XR, XD series), Please upgrade AOS(firmware version) to at least 8.3.x(I recommand) before you use XMS-8.2.7-8408.

i.e) If you are using AOSLite older then 8.2.x version of XR320 and X2-120, please also upgrade AOSLite to at least 8.2.4.

I really wish my opinion will give you as resolve of your questions.

Have a good day~

Thank you
Regards