'Y' Sync Cable

We have the following sintuation:

BHM—>BHS---->AP1, AP2

I have my BackHaul Master synced with a CMM. I want to “Pass” the sync to my AP1 and AP2 via the timing port.

1. What do I have to change on the BackHaul Master Configuration?
2. What do I have to change on the BackHaul Slave Configuration?
3. Does anyone have these cables pre made or can one suggest what to use to connect the wire together?

J

Set the BH Master to however it gets it’s Sync.
If you are using a CMMmicro, then set the timing to “Power Port”.
If you are using an older CMM, then set the timing to “Timing Port”.
If you have no external sync generator, then set the timing to “Generate Sync”.

Sync will pass from the BH Master to the BH Slave. You do not need to configure the Slave, it always gets sync from the Master.

From the BH Slave to the two AP’s, tie pins 1 and 6 together.

Make 3 RJ11 tails, and then join the ends together. I think I would solder, then seal the connection points. Make sure you use some type of strain relief as the solid strands can fatigue and break.

On the AP’s set the timing to “Timing Port”. If the AP’s are the same band, then configure them both identically in every way except color code and frequency. If they are in different bands, then it will not matter.

We try one time to pass sync from one BH module to two AP modules using Y cable , but it dosnt work more than few minutes!

Jasa Jovicevic
MIN@ IP
Montenegro

Ok, Is anyone SUCCESSFULLY doing this right now?

I have an AP getting sync from a CMM-2, it then syncs up a particular SM that has the sync being passed to another AP in the same 2.4 band.

2.4AP–>2.4SM–>2.4AP

Haven’t had a problem since.

clean crimps

solder the splice

make sure you are running the latest software versions for each device.

I know it’s being done.

Have it going from a BHS to a single AP and works fine. I think Moto’s documentation says it only supports 1 hop. I did try it on a cluster of backhauls on a tall tower with a cmm at the base to save running the extra cable but it was iffy so we ran the cables direct.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
clean crimps

solder the splice

make sure you are running the latest software versions for each device.

I know it's being done.

i vote for what jerry is saying

i have a similar running 2 ap's being fed by one sm

make sure you build the cables well and correctly
1 and 6 y of and away you go.

tooslow, are your two AP’s of the same freq band as the SM they are feed from?

Can i have 3 APS in such a way that 1 AP pass on sync to rest of the 2 APs…?

I have total 3 APS covering 180 degrees & not wanting to put CMM for the time being.

Frequency planning 2415,2435/37.5,2457.5 .Currently things are working but at times there are lot of registrations.

I think if you set one to generate sync, and set the other two to receive sync on the timing port it will work - I might be wrong.

One other thing is to make sure that all three APs are configured exactly the same in every way except frequency and color code.

Ummm…run the sync lines from each device to a BIXs style block The ones that have RJ11 jacks…then they all have sync.

problem solved…I think

Cheers
Brad