cnRanger - The Next Generation in Fixed LTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_tCBE46J6w

6 Likes

Here are the slides in case you don't want to hear me ramble on... although there are lots of great questions that I address throughout the webinar, so it might be worth a listen!

Also, if there are further questions, please ask in this thread, and I will attempt to answer them.

Hey Matt, what role will cnMaestro play with cnRanger products? Will cloud based backup EPC be available? How will 3rd party UE’s be handled? Thanks!

1 Like

I am dying to try this product in Illinois, however my biggest unknown is how hard will it be to get spectrum in the 2.5 Ghz band?  I run a very small WISP and NONLOS is our biggest problem.  I've been looking at trying a LTE product and this is the most promising product so far in the area.  I'm just hoping I can get a hold of some spectrum some how.

@CptJames32 wrote:

I am dying to try this product in Illinois, however my biggest unknown is how hard will it be to get spectrum in the 2.5 Ghz band?  I run a very small WISP and NONLOS is our biggest problem.  I've been looking at trying a LTE product and this is the most promising product so far in the area.  I'm just hoping I can get a hold of some spectrum some how.

You could try reaching out to Select Spectrum to see if there are any 2.5 licenses available. ALSO, the 3.XGHz flavor of cnRanger LTE will be coming out early next year and should have pretty decent nNLOS performance.

1 Like

Will anyone be able to use the GAA band of 3.x Ghz when it rolls out?  I asking if I will have to register my radio locations thru the FCC or if it will be a free for all.

@CptJames32 wrote:

Will anyone be able to use the GAA band of 3.x Ghz when it rolls out?  I asking if I will have to register my radio locations thru the FCC or if it will be a free for all.

I'm trying to find some additional details on the exact installation requirements for CBRS. I seem to recall that you'll need to be certified professional installer (CPI) through a recognized body to install fixed high power CBRS clients (upto 47dBm? Class B devices) due to the higher power allotted. Mobile clients (upto 23dBm? Class A devices) won't be required to do this as they'll be limited to less power. You'll need to register your fixed, high power clients at time of installation, and they must be able to talk with the SAS, but I remember talk about possibly having GPS enabled clients that could waive manual registration. In any case, installation of UE's in CBRS is going to be far more stringent, along with carrying more consequences, then the current NN rules.

If you want a pretty good primer on the history of CBRS, where it's going and (pending) rules... take a look at THIS video.

2 Likes