cnMatrix 3.0 - New Hardware Platforms and New Features Webinar

John Mead, Sr. Director - Engineering at Cambium Networks, discusses the new hardware platforms and features of cnMatrix 3.0.

3 Likes

Hi.

Does EX2016M-P support powering PTP820s/c series? It has enough power, but do ports support 1G Ethernet, or only 2,5G?

Kind regards

Really excited by some of the products.

Just some thoughts

1)Will you guys ever think of going into the distribution or collapsed core market . Makes a lot of sense to marry the access layer with a SFP+ distro switch as they would in many cases esp in smaller networks carry same vlans,rstp etc . Currently paying $4k USD for a 12 port SFP+ switch with a couple of  QSFP+ ports.

2.I'm sure this is on the agenda but just want to make sure this is on your radar.Will you guys be looking at rolling out a 8/12 Port Copper switch that can powered via DC input for those very remote tower installs ? Must be passively cooled and be able to witshstand fairly extreme temps

3.Will there be BIDI/Single Core SFP's in the future ?

Dear Olivia 
Could you Share us Part numbers for new HW?

@djdrastic wrote:

Really excited by some of the products.

Just some thoughts

1)Will you guys ever think of going into the distribution or collapsed core market . Makes a lot of sense to marry the access layer with a SFP+ distro switch as they would in many cases esp in smaller networks carry same vlans,rstp etc . Currently paying $4k USD for a 12 port SFP+ switch with a couple of  QSFP+ ports.

JM - Good question, and yes, building an aggregation switch is something we are discussing.  There is not formal program yet.  We are looking at a 1G SFP(12 -24 ports) switch with some SFP+ uplinks, as well as a 10G SFP+ switch, probably not with QSFP+ ports.   Any interest in the 1G version? 

2.I'm sure this is on the agenda but just want to make sure this is on your radar.Will you guys be looking at rolling out a 8/12 Port Copper switch that can powered via DC input for those very remote tower installs ? Must be passively cooled and be able to witshstand fairly extreme temps

JM - Yes, this is part of our tower family of switches.  This program is underway, but don't have any firm dates to share yet.  Our switches will have fans, but we are planning it for an extended temperature range to withstand vented(no fans) enclosures.

3.Will there be BIDI/Single Core SFP's in the future ?

JM - We will support BIDI SFPs, but will most likely not carry our own Cambium branded BIDI SFPs.

I don't believe you can order these new HW platforms yet, but you will be able to very soon.  Here are the part numbers.

Model Part # Description
EX2052 MXEX2052GxxA00 cnMatrix EX2052, Intelligent Ethernet Switch, 48 1G and 4 SFP+ - no pwr cord
EX2052-P MXEX2052GxPA00 cnMatrix EX2052-P, Intelligent Ethernet PoE Switch, 48 1G and 4 SFP+ Fixed 540 - no pwr cord
EX2052R-P MXEX2052GxPA10 cnMatrix EX2052R-P, Intelligent Ethernet PoE Switch, 48 1G and 4 SFP+, Removeable Power Supply (not included) - no pwr cord
EX2016M-P MXEX2016MxPA00 cnMatrix EX2016M-P, Intelligent Ethernet PoE Switch, 8x1G+6x2.5G+2xSFP+, no pwr cord

Thanks!

Hi John thanks for replying.

Looking forward to the forthcoming products.

Cambium has made a massive change to how we approach our networking and has saved us good amount of cash.

Very refreshing to see a nw company actually listening to customer feedback and suggestions.

@AnzeZ wrote:

Hi.

Does EX2016M-P support powering PTP820s/c series? It has enough power, but do ports support 1G Ethernet, or only 2,5G?

Kind regards

The EX2016M-P  supports 802.3bz 2.5 Gbps bandwidth.  These same ports also support 802.3bt power up to 60 Watts.  The 2.5G ports also support 1Gbps and 100 Mbits via autonegotiation.   On all of our Enterprise switches we support standards based, 802.3af/at/bt  PoE on all ports by default.  However the PTP820c that you asked about uses 48V passive PoE.  The cnMatrix switches can support this 48V passive PoE, but the SW needed to configure this mode is not available yet.  We are planning to release this capability in our 4.0 upcoming SW release.  Targeted for 2nd half 2020.

Hopefully this answers your question.

John

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Sorry for bumping.

Just putting out feelers if you guys are still looking at doing aggregation switches ?
My younger and less skilled techs prefer working with cnMatrix over SSH and Ansible to config the network equipment.

i was looking for the same, thanks for share !

looking for more informative webinars. . .