Enabling Maestro alarms to actually SMS or Email alarms?

@tallmand wrote:

Has roll out to cloud version begun? If so, I haven't seen it. What should we look for to know when it is available.

you can look at the bottom of the screen on cnMaestro at the Version # to see if it's changed to 2.1.0

It's still on Version 1.6.3-r26. It's unfortunate that Cambium keeps on making promises but not fulfilling. This discouarages existing customers from continuing to buy their hardware. 

"I ask whether cnMaestro can send sms directly without using SMS gateway, because with SMS Gateway, we need to pay for that.

The presenter said need to check."

Maybe SMS doesn't work in other places the way it does in US or maybe, and most likely, I don't understand some advantage of being able to do SMS.  So, just curious why ability to send SMS is needed when you can just send an email to cell-phone-number@cellphone-provider.com  and it is received as an SMS.  What am I missing ?

Hi tallmand -- this release is imminent. Some accounts will be transitioned this weekend, and the remainder next week. We will provide a notification in the UI when the time nears.

Hi brubble1 -- just wanted to be clear the alarms in 2.1 are Email only (not SMS).

Hello, Nothing in cloud yet? I have a complaint from a client asking why I did not notify him about his link down, and why did he have to notify me instead of me notifying him, he also have asked why if i am not supposed to have a monitoring system which i said yes I do have one but is not working as expected, anyway I have been working with Xirrus which make a good job on notifications but we have installed several networks with cambium and now we are in trouble without this feature.

When it is going to be available?

I am just in time for not increasing my problems in my network.

Have somebody seen this???

Is it possible???

I'm holding my breath...

Hello Rpb, there was an update to the cnMaestro cloud, can you please let me know if this feature is enabled and where can I find it.

Thank you in advance.

Hi NetBrowser -- you can access it at Application > Settings > Notifications.

1 Like

I have tested email notifications and it's working okay. A big thank you to the Cambium team for finally enabling this functionality.

Thank you, I got it working now.
Testing…
Works good.

Thank you Cambium Networks., great improvement.

We have upgraded our on-premise server and enabled the email notifications.  However, it only lets us add two recipients.......

the manual shows a lot more recipients than what we are able to add...

We would like to see the number of email recipients increased to more than two. I just added this in the Ideas section.

Don

is it an on-premise limitation only?  

Hi dougmiller,

Apologies for the ambiguity, the current release limits Email subscribers to Two per account(This point is mentioned in the help document).

The screen shot you refered has MSP Enabled in it, so if we create a new Managed account, we can add two Email subscribers for it.

We have updated our User/help document now with both the screen shots. Thank you for your comments.

Hi dougmiller,

This limitation is also applicable for cloud release.

Thank you

Is there a road map to add more?

Are there any logs to show how many emails have attempted to send out? It was working, but now one of my recipients isn’t getting any emails. The send test email to that recipient works, but has yet to get a single generated email, even when I force an alarm.

Hi dougmiller,

Surely, We will keep you updated about the future amendments on Email notification feature.

Regarding your other concern related to not receiving the Email alerts, May i know the details regarding the entry added, if you have enabled Ignore notification check for cnPilot R series/PMP/ePMP SM offline you wont be able to receive the alerts.

Thank you

Set to Minor and unchecked the PMP SM Offline. We don’t have any ePMP or cnPilot gear.

FYI - the only emails our server will send out are test emails.   ZERO notifications going out.

Also, can someone clarify the difference between 'Events' and 'Alarms'?  sometimes an event is an alarm, and other times the exact same event is not showing up as an alarm.....BUT...in any case, right now, no emails get set out to either one of the recipients.