ePMP 3000 QOS

I have looked all over for documentation and looked everywhere in the CPE and can't find anything at all about QOS and how to set speed packages in the ePMP 3000 AP.  Is this something that has not yet been enabled or am I just completely blind?

According to 2 webinars I watched, it will come in a update in the not so far future.

1 Like

3 Likes

I had not seen this.  Thank you!

any update on when we can utilize traffic shaping through the SM...  pretty important to a lot of people.

@Doug Heberlee wrote:

any update on when we can utilize traffic shaping through the SM...  pretty important to a lot of people.

A little bird told me that it will come out sometime in May.

1 Like

What about DFS channels? how close is the Grant? and how about that smart antenna, kind of acts like a sail in the wind for me right now.. Really would like to see these things workgni hopefully soon especially at this noisy site..

@accelwireless wrote:

What about DFS channels? how close is the Grant? and how about that smart antenna, kind of acts like a sail in the wind for me right now.. Really would like to see these things workgni hopefully soon especially at this noisy site..

Even my little bird doesn't know when the DFS channels are coming... because thats all on the FCC ATM. It was submitted before the gov't shutdown, so it's soon... and the PTP550 just got certfied, so it's gotta be close. Right now the priority is improving backwards compatibility with e1k/e2k and moving to a stable release and unified firmware (3.5.6 -> 4.3.X), optimizing AC/MU-MIMO performance, and introducing forward compatibility (F300 client -> e1k/e2k AP). Unfortunatly, the BSA is probably coming in last support-wise.

Thank you for the info.  The people using the 3000 already must be setting customer speeds at the core then?  We want to deploy this, but don't want to leave customers to get used to wide open radio for 2 months... or more.

We throttle right at the tower with Mikrotik via Powercode and it seems to work very well. We have had no complaints from customers on the new Ap 3000 we do see latency spikes on one cusotmer during the evenigns at times but still no complaints. Having QOS is going to help alot I am sure with things like that, we also do QOS for voip and I dont want to have any issues down the road so its important to have the QOS function working for that alone.

We just barely got past a Radius bug in the 3000 and now are going to be waiting until QOS for the MIR profiles.  If these basic features the older radios had were already in the firmware we'd be rolling these out as fast as we could.

Hope the little birdie is right about May.

What radius bug are you fighting?

Not to get off-topic, but we found out the cambium default cert was not loaded into the AP/firmware.  Took a lot of back and forth, but once it was discovered Cambium flagged it as bug and we just loaded the cert ourselves to get around it.

@action_logan wrote:

Not to get off-topic, but we found out the cambium default cert was not loaded into the AP/firmware.  Took a lot of back and forth, but once it was discovered Cambium flagged it as bug and we just loaded the cert ourselves to get around it.

The issue has been already solved in scope of 4.3.2.

Thank you.

1 Like

Yep we are running 4.3.2-RC15 Beta branch right now and all is good.  So once the QOS/MIR gets added in we can actually start rolling more of these units out and upgrading our client CPEs.

Question does an elevated unit support radius over a ePMP 3000 ap?

Yes, they do support.

Thanks,
found the problem on the elevated cpe side

1 Like