ePMP 4.4 Beta release available in beta section

@CWB wrote:

Sakid,

Thanks for your input. Definitely no interference at all. I have been conducting more tests today. Before I post those, I have run into a problem with the AP. I attempted to downgrade it to 4.3.2.1 for more testing. It displayed message to reboot to finish upgrade. I rebooted unit. It said it rebooted, but it had not. I was running ping -t 8.8.8.8 in cmd so I would know when it came back up. It never dropped ping. I attempted to reboot again, same thing. I checked the software upgrade page, and it showed it was still runing 4.4-RC23. Attempted to reload 4.3.2.1 software and got the message "SW UPdate is running!" I then attempted to load 4.4-RC23, same error message.

I then attempted to reboot using CLI (3 times), the AP still kept passing ping to 8.8.8.8.

I am almost afraid to log into tower switch and power cycle port.

Any advice before I possibly brick an AP?

Hi,

Can you please arrange remote access? We are not able to reproduce this issue locally. Just sent an email for remote access. Thanks.

1 Like

@jakkwb wrote:

Is this release recommended (or not) to try on an all EPMP1000 legacy network?

I would stay on 3.5.6 with all legacy AP and clients if I were you.

1 Like

@Chinmay_K wrote:

@CWB wrote:

Sakid,

Thanks for your input. Definitely no interference at all. I have been conducting more tests today. Before I post those, I have run into a problem with the AP. I attempted to downgrade it to 4.3.2.1 for more testing. It displayed message to reboot to finish upgrade. I rebooted unit. It said it rebooted, but it had not. I was running ping -t 8.8.8.8 in cmd so I would know when it came back up. It never dropped ping. I attempted to reboot again, same thing. I checked the software upgrade page, and it showed it was still runing 4.4-RC23. Attempted to reload 4.3.2.1 software and got the message "SW UPdate is running!" I then attempted to load 4.4-RC23, same error message.

I then attempted to reboot using CLI (3 times), the AP still kept passing ping to 8.8.8.8.

I am almost afraid to log into tower switch and power cycle port.

Any advice before I possibly brick an AP?

Hi,

Can you please arrange remote access? We are not able to reproduce this issue locally. Just sent an email for remote access. Thanks.

Chinmay was able find issue in Tech Support Files, log in and correct problem. Thanks. Now we can carry on with testing. 

I’ve seen performance increase due to short guard interval and stable network running 4.4 even on pure 802.11n

2 Likes

Still getting this error with a N client when talking to the ePMP 3000 ap. Everything is on 4.4-RC23

11naht20. Reason: 33 (GPFs MISS)

@wavenetwireless wrote:

Still getting this error with a N client when talking to the ePMP 3000 ap. Everything is on 4.4-RC23

11naht20. Reason: 33 (GPFs MISS)

I see. Would it be possible to get remote access today so we can verify this issue ? 

Sakid

I won't be available today to get you access, but can tomorrow.

What about support for DFS on a pair of Force300 radios configured as a backhaul? When are we likely to see that?

j

We have the grant for 300-16 but not the 300-25. Its proceeding and will update as soon as we receive it.

1 Like

Moderator Sakid Ahmed

We have the grant for 300-16 but not the 300-25. Its proceeding and will update as soon as we receive it.

If you need F300C as an SM it will connect to the ePMP3000 on DFS channel in case you have 4.4 on F300C.

For the AP it is pending FCC grant later this year.

My disappointment is is immeasurable and my day is ruined. 

Back in the day we got stuck with a  bunch of Ubiquiti rockets waiting for GPS sync that never came.  

I've been setting on these F300's for over a year now, cambium has repeatedly claimed "next firmware" or "next month" for over a year ... starting to get that Ubiquiti feeling.  

1 Like

Please let us know if you are able to give us access.

Sakid did you still want access? Have acouple CPE's still getting the error - This is using 4.4-RC23 on all devices, but errors show up on force 200/190's.

"11naht20. Reason: 33 (GPFs MISS)"

On 4.3.2.1 these were happening very frequently, every 10-15 minutes or less. Now it seems like its only a couple times a day.

I also noticed these errors, which seem to be rebooting the radio several times a day. With watchdog disabled in the interface.

"Watchdog:Abnormal Device-Agent stop occured, restarting..."

On another note I also have 4.4 RC23 on a ePMP2000 AP/ force 190/200 CPES and i'm getting a different error dropping customers. When this happens it looks like it drops multiple/all clients at the same time.

"11naht20. Reason: 48 (COMMUNICATION LOST)"

Absolutely want access. Coudl you please email me the details at sakid.ahmed@cambiumnetworks.com?

We will jump on it right away. 

I updated the whole network with the 4.4-RC23 version, but I still encounter problems:

all Subscriber Modules disconnect at same time, and don't come back up

This problem happen on different AP, random, without a particolar reason.

When I reboot the AP, all SMs magically come back up

When cambium fix this?

@Mirko wrote:

I updated the whole network with the 4.4-RC23 version, but I still encounter problems:

all Subscriber Modules disconnect at same time, and don't come back up

When cambium fix this?

Hi,

Can you please share your phone number and email address so we can reach out and troubleshoot? You can private message me on the community. Thx Sakid

PM Sent

Just sent you an email. 

On the last few beta releases RC23-RC28 I notice that on the QOS page there is no option to give a CPE priority over another like force 200 etc But if you look at the main status page on the force 300 CPE page it shows it has a priority of "High" is this actually being set this way on purpose? i wonder if this is causiung issues trying to give priority to every new CPE we install (force 300) can you please confirm what this is doing and if it is giving priority to the force 300 series, I would think we should be allowed to set it to "normal" instead of "High"

Thanks

Also we see enormus latency issues when the AP gets loaded up with traffic its tollerable during the day. WPMP 2000 AP we never saw this much latcney even when loaded up. Now we constantly see up to 900ms ping times, dropped packets, all which does not bode well for sip service.

hi could you solve this problem? since installing f130 the same thing happens to me
Thank you

all Subscriber Modules disconnect at same time, and don't come back up

When cambium fix this?