ePMP 4.4 Beta release available in beta section

Marota, I would recommend that you try 4.4-RC30

Cambium is working and fixing things all the time, so RC30 will have things fixed which were still broken in RC23

So what 3k units do and don't have DFS enabled right now ? I know the F300 25's sill don't... but I thought for sure I read on here that F300 16's did ?  We had a shot that we originally planned to use F300 25's on (over a YEAR ago) but needed DFS. I was thinking the shot is actually short enough that I could use a pair of F300 16's on it but when I went to set them up (using the latest RC beta firmware) for PMP the DFS channels were not an option ?

@brubble1 wrote:

So what 3k units do and don't have DFS enabled right now ? I know the F300 25's sill don't... but I thought for sure I read on here that F300 16's did ?  We had a shot that we originally planned to use F300 25's on (over a YEAR ago) but needed DFS. I was thinking the shot is actually short enough that I could use a pair of F300 16's on it but when I went to set them up (using the latest RC beta firmware) for PMP the DFS channels were not an option ?

All e3k radios (including F300-25) have DFS capabilities with 4.4-RC30. The only radio that's out that is still pending certification is the e3000L and is expected to clear in a few months.

Except they don't and F300-25 doesn't either. 

I just double checked one of our e3k AP's and it has all of its DFS channels.

Hmmm the screen shots you're showing are of a F300-16... not a 25. That being said, I thought the 16 had DFS support... actually before the 25. Here's a screen shot of one of our F300-25's running RC30 with DFS channels:

For ME, at least, the question is when will F300-25 support DFS channels in AP mode, e.g. for two F300s in PtP. If that is available now in RC30 then that’s what I’ve been waiting for…

j

@newkirk wrote:
For ME, at least, the question is when will F300-25 support DFS channels in AP mode, e.g. for two F300s in PtP. If that is available now in RC30 then that's what I've been waiting for...

j

Interesting... I tested an F300-25 and put it in AP mode and all the DFS channels disappeared. This is very curious... it looks like DFS support is hit and miss depending on what you're trying to use/do.

UPDATE: Full DFS support in both AP and client modes will be coming with 4.4-RC36.

3 Likes

Presumably the Force 300 radios can support DFS channels as clients if the AP does, and the AP is what has to pass FCC requirements for DFS since that’s what checks the channel for usability. Meaning the SM has to be certified independently to operate in AP mode on DFS channels.

j

1 Like