ePMP Release 3.5.2 is now available

OK, what am I missing? I upgraded a Force 190 to 3.5.2 and I still don't have access to DFS. I've tried three different browsers so I'm not looking at a cache issue.

1 Like

Hi Chad, Hi all,

Unfrotunately FCC DFS has been disabled in 3.5.2 Release because FCC certification testing has been delayed.

It was last minute change and we missed to remove it from 3.5.2 Release Notes.

We will post new 3.5.2 based FW with enabled FCC DFS for Force 190 as soon as certification testing is passed.

Sorry for all inconveniences it is causing for you.

Thnak you.

There seems to be some stuff missing from SNMP in 3.5.2... specifically, the pppoe username (it was on iso.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.3.4.3.10.0 with 3.5.1 and older).

There could be other stuff too, but I that's all I've noticed so far.

I upgraded one of our 190's from 3.3 to 3.5.2 to test the DFS and now I am unable to log in.

I have cleared the cache but it won't work in Chrome at all, I got it working in IE. Anyone else having this issue with a 190?

they mentioned that dfs support didn't make it to this release on force 190.  I had issues with chrome after upgrading a few things, but clearing cache fixed it for me.

We're running cnMaestro on-premise 1.6.3-r15. Every new ePMP SM is getting 3.5.2. And they're all reporting 'insufficient credentials' and do not show up on the onboarding queue. They can be claimed manually using the SM ethernet ESN. But obviously there's a problem with ePMP 3.5.2 and cnMaestro 1.6.3-r15.

Cnmaestro

I have recently upgraded AP's and subscribers to firmware ver. 3.5.2 [10/July/2018: U-Boot 9342_PX 1.1.4.h (Jul 10 2018 - 20:44:49)] on all my ePMP, and I notice that all the subcribers ePMP with firmware ver. 3.5.2 disconnects after a few working minutes, I have noticed it in subscriber radios with "QOS MIR profile configured" (2Mbps or 4Mbps MIR download configured).

Even the AP indicates that the subscriber is connected, a ping to the subscriber does not respond, and the user at the subscriber side does not get to internet. by the other side, I can not access the subscriber (with the browser) to verify the ePMP.

I downgraded subscribers to the last working I had in them, firmware (ver. 3.0.1) with AP  firmware ver. 3.5.2.... and seems to be working up to now (after 40 minutes).

Any other one with this problem?

I didn't have this problem and I don't use the built in qos.  But if I remember correctly, you aren't supposed to jump from that old of firmware.

Hey gorsacv... I think you may be experencing the issue outlined HERE. This issue was supposed to be resolved in 3.5.2... but it unfortunatly was not. By rolling back the AP to 3.4.1 (or earlier) on the AP you can resolve this issue. The clients can be any version (3.5.2 is fine to put on clients). This is an AP issue. Please open a support ticket with Cambium regarding this to keep pressure on them to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Yes we are having the same issue, we upgraded our AP from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 and had the same issue. Will try to downgrade our AP to 3.4.1 as what they have suggested, leaving our SMs to 3.5.1. Hope it will resolve the issue.

@Au Wireless wrote:

OK, what am I missing? I upgraded a Force 190 to 3.5.2 and I still don't have access to DFS. I've tried three different browsers so I'm not looking at a cache issue.

Hi all,

3.5.5 Beta Firmware with FCC DFS support for Force 190 has been offcially posted.

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/beta

Thank you.

I have noticed some issues with the Ethernet interface every one of my subscriber modules which are running 3.5.1 or 3.5.2 seem to flap on the LAN interface only common thread is that they almost all have ASUS routers attached.

The second is the throughput  is not what should be expected on the downlink  again I am only seeing this issue with ASUS consumer routers.

However speed issue doesn't exist  when testing using the ePMP the degradation in the speed is only seen when testing across the link to our local testing server or an internet speed test.

If we remove the router on the customer end the and plug directly into the ePMP than the speed issue does not exist.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Any idea on time frame for 3.5.5 so we have an official release of DFS for Force 190's? I hate to run beta in a production environment.  Anyone out there running 3.5.5 beta on Force 190's? Any issues?

@Au Wireless wrote:

Any idea on time frame for 3.5.5 so we have an official release of DFS for Force 190's? I hate to run beta in a production environment.  Anyone out there running 3.5.5 beta on Force 190's? Any issues?

we've got 30 or so 190s on 3.5.5 beta, everything running fine on them.  

1 Like

After upgrading from 3.3 to 3.5.2, clients are accidentaly disconnected. It happened in one church. The APs are located on the sides. 3 out of 5 ap we downgraded  to 3.3 and stopped the problem. It does not matter if it is with or without gps.

What version are the subscribers?

@Mathew Howard wrote:

There seems to be some stuff missing from SNMP in 3.5.2... specifically, the pppoe username (it was on iso.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.3.4.3.10.0 with 3.5.1 and older).

There could be other stuff too, but I that's all I've noticed so far.

This still doesn't appear to have been fixed in the 3.5.5 beta... any chance that we could get that fixed? it's preventing me from upgrading...

Chris any APs on 3.5.5? We are wanting to push new firmware as I've got clients on 3.4.1, and APs on 3.5.2... 

I had the exact same problem.The device would show offline in cnmaestro and LibreNMS... but I was able to ping it (I also had no GUI access) and I could see the SMs connected to the AP and still passing traffic through (I asked one of the "offiline" customers).

I had to call the customer with the "offline" device to reboot the radio (unplug and plug the poe bar plug), and when they did that and reconnected back, it was showing online in cnmaestro, LibreNMS and I had GUI access. This problem was spreading like a virus, it first happened to a couple of v3.5.2 devices and a couple of days later, it happened to 30+ devices. I had to preemptively reboot the rest of the radios I still had access to before anything happens to them.