ePMP Software Release 5.6.1 is now available

Supported Platforms

• ePMP AX Platforms

Download the firmware and documentation from:

Features

No new features have been added in Release 5.6.1, it includes several important bug fixes, which are listed in ‘Defects fixed’ section.

Defects Fixed

Tracking ID Products Description
AXG-8114 All Separate Management Interface was not applied in NAT mode.
AXG-8585 All An Updating pop-up notification was displayed in GUI when the spectrum analyzer was running in background.
AXG-8572
AXG-8651 All Stability improvements for TDD mode.
AXG-8714
AXG-8844 All The Uplink Max rate configured in TDD mode was applied as Downlink Max rate when the device is switched to WLR mode.
AXG-8851 All Subscriber Module (SM) was disconnecting from Access Point (AP) if PPPoE server was not reachable.
AXG-8866 All AP or SM was crashed when DPI was enabled.

Limitations

Flexible Licensing is disabled in firmware and is not supported.

2 Likes

==Flexible Licensing is disabled in firmware and is not supported.==
What does that mean exactly?
I have a license that turns an EU device into a ROW device. Is this no longer supported with bad firmware?

Flexible Licensing was used for Elevate SMs connection through the centralized licensing server.

Thanks.

1 Like

Can we get this added to cnMaestro cloud please? Thanks!

@Anish could you please help us on that?

Thanks

1 Like

Still seeing consistently poor performance with TDD TCP.

Wireless Link Test - ~300Mbps
Speedtest results - anywhere from sub 100Mbps to 150-200Mbps

Massive performance improvements are coming in 5.7 version. Please let me know if you can be interested in 5.7 Alpha firmware.

Thanks

Sure, I’ll send you a PM

@Fedor I would also like to try the alpha as well.

@jessearcher is this a ptp or ptmp?

This link is in TDD PTP mode.

But I’m seeing the same TCP performance issues on regular TDD PTMP mode as well.

Hello @DigitalMan2020 and @jessearcher,

check your DM box. I’ve sent you 5.7.0 beta to try.

Do we still require the fcc version of firmware for 6ghz operation on 4600/4625?

Yes, you do, you have to use FCC firmware until ePMP 6GHz devices don’t have AFC enabled by default.

Thanks

@jessearcher thank you for your reply. I look forward in hearing your results if you would be able to report back after installing beta firmware.

Fedor sent me RC53, no improvement.

I’ve now been sent RC57 to try as well.

Okay, shoot sorry to hear that.

Can I have that beta? Seeing some weird latency spikes.

Just to keep everyone who is following that thread updated.

The link that is under monitoring right had significant retransmission % in DL and UL when we started looking into the issue reported.
At the first stage Jesse configured Max Rates in DL and UL setting MCS9 for both directions.
That has significantly improved Speed Test Result in DL and UL 180/85Mbps, but the DL was still far away from the Wireless Link Test Results(280/85Mbps).

Taking a look into TSFs files provided I can see 2% retransmission rate in Uplink and I guess that it causes DL throughput degradation for Speed Test.

Wireless Link Test uses UDP under the hood and is not sensitive to retransmission or packet loss, but Speed Test uses multiple TCP streams that are very sensitive to packet loss and retransmission. That is the most common reason for the difference between Speed Test and Wireless Link Test results.

Thanks.