OUI length limitation

Hello,

I’m trying to setup a PBA with the OUI for IP Video Corp (https://maclookup.app/macaddress/b0b353d) however their OUI is longer than 6 hex numbers so I get an error in cnMaestro.

Is there a workaround/fix?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi @Rob_Fuller

An OUI is three bytes by definition: “(Organizational Unique Identifier) The part of the MAC address that identifies the vendor of the network adapter. The OUI is the first three bytes of the six-byte field and is administered by the IEEE.” In your case, it should be B0:B3:53

1 Like

I agree with your response but it doesn’t solve or answer the issue I’m afraid. It would appear MAC address ranges are getting brown down not just by the first six-byte field. Example of the OUI we are discussing covers several companies,

Could you advise a better way of filtering a companies mac address ranges without listing ever individual Mac, similar to what OUI was achieving.

Thanks for your help,
Rob

@Rob_Fuller go ahead and please set the PBA rule to be MAC-OUI of B0:B3:53. That is unique enough that it will match your IP Video Corp devices and very unlikely it will match any other devices on your network.