2019-03-28: Latest Android 1.2.10 beta issues

Ok it's been a long time so i figured i'd give it a shot again

This was tested on a Samsung J1.

1. Clicking the QR code scan icon for workorder gave me a white screen, back worked and got me back to cnarcher with a error about a capture error. (It's a crap phone, but the camera does work i checked if the camera app worked and it did).

2. Going through the SM setup seems to work well, that said i kind of wish their was a async style list of AP's for the scan list, that way we didn't have to wait for 20-30-40 mhz to all finish scanning before we can continue, or even a way that after say 20mhz is done to hit "skip rest" as we currently enable 30-40 for future proofing our SM's but we are on 20mhz so at moment scanning the rest just delays the install... Optimally it would be nice that if while it's scanning we got a up to date list saying "scan in progress... AP's found so far below" and we can click one to continue and skip waiting for the entire scan to complete.... Just a wishlist less of a "issue"

3. Connecting to AP................................................................................................................................. back..... please wait...., their should be a way to go back if you aren't getting connected to the AP to select a different one, right now android just shows a please wait popup if you click back button and are stuck at connecting to ap....

4. Connecting to AP.................................................. Connected? It seems you guys are still not setting the "Use Alternate IP" to true on the initial startup during the ICC disable etc, so when the SM connects and gets a management DHCP ip from the office, the cnarcher looses access, if i walk back into the building cause it to disconnect, go into the webui enable the alternate ip, and go back to SM tada it continues to quick align as you'd expect this is a horrible experience and breaking problem.... Please fix cnarcher should just enable the alternate 169.254.1.1 ip always by default or at least give us the setting in the settings menu.

5. "Error setting channel 54xxxxxxx Agent Timeout" had this happen 3 times while trying to go from the quick align step to the link test step, in fact i didn't get past it because the battery died on the  mobile ap while trying to figure out what was happening, before that i logged into the sm via webui and sure enough random channels were missing from the scan list. This is another breaking issue that stops usage.

Beyond that i haven't tested but the agent timeout / bad scanlist and the lack of alternate IP enabling basically still leaves us in a spot we can't use even 1.2

2 Likes

+ problem with exporting app configuration:
if I export config to QR - there's no ePMP security key in export:
"pskConfigEPMP": {
"key": "",
"pskTypeValue": "Custom"
},
"securityTypeEPMP": "PSK",

also problem with importing configuration:

{
  "appVersion": "cnArcher 1.2.10",
  "autoDisableData": "yes",
  "bandwidths": {
    "5.2GHz": [
      "40MHz"
    ],
    "5.1GHz": [
      "40MHz"
    ],
    "5.7GHz": [
      "40MHz"
    ],
    "5.4GHz": [
      "40MHz"
    ]
  },
  "bandwidthsEPMP": {
    "5.2GHz": [
      "20MHz",
      "40MHz"
    ],
    "5.7GHz": [
      "20MHz"
    ],
    "5.3GHz": [
      "20MHz",
      "40MHz"
    ]
  },
  "frequencies": "5727.5-5922.5,5472.5-5722.5,5252.5-5347.5,5152.5-5247.5",
  "frequenciesEPMP": "5730-5870,5355-5470,5250-5350,5250",
  "prefVerPMP": "16.0.0.1",
  "pskConfigEPMP": {
    "key": "",
    "pskTypeValue": "Custom"
  },
  "securityTypeEPMP": "PSK",
  "type": "cnArcherConf"
}

so, when we import qr code to app, we see just few frequncies for PMP450. screenshot in attach

Cambium, is there any updates?