3000/1000AP SSID issue/suggestions?

So since our network was set up, we have been setting up 4 sector sites using the same ssid/password for all four and have fought over the years with antennas jumping sectors to worse signal. I know now they should have probably been set up as Sector1, Sector2, Sector3, etc. I am working on a solution to get them all to this set up, but have been unsuccessful using JSON in CnMaestro to push configs to add the new SSIDs on the sm’s before i switch the APs. What I dont want to have to do is go into each customer’s SM and add the new SSIDs individually but the more I dig, it seems like that might be the only option. I thought it might be easier if my AP could have 2 SSIDs broadcasting to get them all switched over but thats not an option, We are using 4.6.1 on everything. Also I have probably 20 sites to do, so 80 APs all with customers on them. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Going back to the JSON commands on Maestro, I did have some say they were successful but didn’t change anything in the SM.
Example:

{
	"device_props": {
		"prefferedAPTable": {
			"prefferedListTableEntrySSID": "sectorE",
			"prefferedListTableEntryKEY": "sector123",
			"prefferedListTableSecurityMethod": "0"
		}
	}
}

Using https://jsonlint.com/ validator said it was good and Maestro sent it and came back complete, but didnt have any affect on the SM.

Any better ways of doing this or to accomplish this task?
Or am i stuck adding the SSID in each individual SM then changing the AP SSID after?

Thanks,
Mitch

Looks like your preferred AP table has a curly bracket. try editing this one:

{
    "device_props": {
        "prefferedAPTable": [
            {
                "prefferedListTableSecurityMethod": "5"
            },
            {
            }, 
            {
            }
        ]
    }
}

if that doesn’t work just, export the config from an SM and edit that.

3 Likes

In other words, prefferedAPTable needs to be a list, even if it only contains one entry.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.