30mhz channel width for DFS freqs ???

Is Cambium planning on release wider channels on the 5.4ghz DFS freqs like 30mhz channel width? I assume the reason it wasn't avilaible in the firmware that gave that for 5.8ghz was because it needed to go through some extra regulatory approval by the FCC. Is there any time we can expect it though? Maybe by the end of this year?

@kblazk wrote:

Is Cambium planning on release wider channels on the 5.4ghz DFS freqs like 30mhz channel width? I assume the reason it wasn't avilaible in the firmware that gave that for 5.8ghz was because it needed to go through some extra regulatory approval by the FCC. Is there any time we can expect it though? Maybe by the end of this year?

Hi, 

You are correct, we're going through FCC approvals for those wider channels and we expect to have a grant by the end of the year. We will keep you posted. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Thank you for that answer. Are you going to have it in Beta prior to a General Release? If so i would like to participate in the Beta.

@kblazk wrote:

Thank you for that answer. Are you going to have it in Beta prior to a General Release? If so i would like to participate in the Beta.

We typically do open betas so you are welcome to join by visiting https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/beta and signing up for it. 

Thanks,

Sriram