4.4 Web GUI "Connection temporarily lost"

Hello, since upgrading 6 AP's to 4.4, I find that when I'm in the GUI, I get the "Connection temporarily lost" message quite often and I never receive that on 3.5.6 or earlier version.

I've verified this is happening on all 4.4 AP's and anything under the 4.x branch is fine, even on the same tower. These AP's are on different towers and backhauls.

Anyone else seeing this when watching the Web GUI for a few minutes?

I have been seeing this as well on our 3k's running 4.4 its very brief but definently getting it too.

@dcshobby wrote:

Hello, since upgrading 6 AP's to 4.4, I find that when I'm in the GUI, I get the "Connection temporarily lost" message quite often and I never receive that on 3.5.6 or earlier version.

I've verified this is happening on all 4.4 AP's and anything under the 4.x branch is fine, even on the same tower. These AP's are on different towers and backhauls.

Anyone else seeing this when watching the Web GUI for a few minutes?

Hi all,

I hope the issue doesn't affect any major functional for you.

We have already fixed it and fix will be available in the next FW version.

Thank you.

1 Like

It's just a temporary message for maybe 3-5 seconds so we can still work on things, it's just an annoyance.

Thanks for finding and fixing it in the next release.

1 Like

@Fedor wrote:
We have already fixed it and fix will be available in the next FW version.

Cool - while you are fixing things in the web gui...  I'd LOVE to see the "Inactivity Logout (*) Disable" type of switch available on the initial login screen. Or maybe even just the wording of a "Keep me logged in" type of button on the main loging screen

So basiclly, when I'm logging in: the main screen should ask me Username, Password, AND 'keep me logged in' or 'Inactivity Timeout Disable' right there on the main login screen, please. :) 

I hate having to drill down to the configuation/settings/inactivity logout disable on every AP I log into - dozens of times per day.

I confirm the issue.

It is VERY annoying since it is more than 15 min that I am trying to access my CPE.

Just the login page, then nothing.

downgraded to 3.5.6 and the issue disappeared.

Hi,

The fix is coming in 4.4.1. The beta is coming out next week.

Thanks,

Dmitry

1 Like

The issue is still here…on version 4.6.1.

2 Likes

Yep. They either don’t agree, and don’t care to try. Or worse yet, they don’t understand… and they spend time and resources working on ab issue, without actually solving what we needed.

1 Like

Hi @florintrenca, @ninedd

could you provide exact steps to reproduce your issue? Now days I use 4.6.2 all the time and get this message when it is actually lost only.

Hi,
I just uprade my epmp devices to 4.6.2 and for now everything is ok.
Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, @florintrenca!