405x part/model number denotation

With the 450sm the last two numbers of the part/model denote the throughput.  e.g. 1A-4Mbps, 2A-10Mbps, etc.

Is it the same for all the 450 series such as 450b?

The 450b does not have a key limitation for capacity.

For the regular 450sm is there a 40Mbps and Unlimited?  I thought it went from 20 to unlimited.

There are only license keys for 4Mb/s 10Mb/s 20Mb/s and unlimited.

We are frustrated with the lack of options on this too, 20 is not enough and unlimited is stupid expensive.

@Ryan Ray wrote:

There are only license keys for 4Mb/s 10Mb/s 20Mb/s and unlimited.

We are frustrated with the lack of options on this too, 20 is not enough and unlimited is stupid expensive.

That's why Cambium is transitioning over to the 'B' radios... no more licenses, faster PPS, better throughput at larger channel widths, better NAT throughput, less expensive overall then having to buy a traditional SM w/reflector dish and the associated license, higher output power (where allowed), and lastly... now you can use them as PtP radios as well!!

@paulmack wrote:

For the regular 450sm is there a 40Mbps and Unlimited?  I thought it went from 20 to unlimited.

It goes from 20mbps license to unlimited... BUT depending on how you're using the SM, you might not be able to get much more then 30-40mbps out of it. I'd suggest using the new 450b for clients that need better PPS and/or higher throughput, especially in NAT mode.

Lastly, if you need a bunch of 20mbps -> unlimited licenses, go to your RSM and make a case for it and you should be able to negotiate a decent discount for a bulk purchase of upgrade keys.

1 Like

I agree, and almost all of our 5ghz have been moved to 450b, but we still have plenty of 450 3.65 and 2.4 that are licensed capped.

It's frustrating to me that there isn't just an upgrade to unlimited at a reasonable cost. I don't consider $100 per SM reasonable. Our 3.65 it makes more sense to buy 450b replacements for all SM and then re-sell the 450. That shouldn't be the case.

I have a handful of 450sm (not b) where the GUI states 40Mbps..????

was there a "special" key for the ones that have 40Mbps on them?

Some legacy 430 radios had a 40mbps upgrade key... and I think 450d's had a 40mbps version... but I've never seen a 40mbps key for a standard 450 SM.