450b NAT DHCP Server

Good day all, I was just curious about DHCP server and NAT. I may be mistaken but LAN DHCP server was available when setting the radio to NAT in the past… we are using 22.1.1… I thought the dhcp server was available on previous releases.

Some pics…

Network interface page…

I have the server enabled and previously versions we would receive an IP from the LAN… we use this same setup in Force 25 300 radios.

Open to correction

I believe the DHCP status is referring to the IP of the LAN interface itself. When you turn on NAT and enable DHCP server, you statically set an IP address on the LAN interface and the interface itself cannot receive an IP via DHCP. Your DHCP server should be running as expected. You can confirm by looking in the Statistics - NAT DHCP table to see any entries.

I use the same setup on our PMP450b High Gains and it works as intended.

-Chris

Thank you for your reply!! I appreciate the feedback… i was having trouble getting into a radio that had said settings. My laptop was receiving an IP but could not get to the radio. I did the power sequence for factory reset and did the same settings and everything was as it should be. Not much of a resolution to as why but will take it lol!

This has probably been talked about on the forum but why doesnt the 450b have an external reset button?