450m total utilization stat

Does this stat truly mean that at 100% total utilization the medusa is capped out? I'm pretty sure I read that from some Cambium post a while back but it doesn't really seem like its true. Anyone have any thoughts?

1 Like

From the way I understand it... it means that 1 or more groupings are fully utilized. So it could be that just 1 group is at max utilization, but all other groups have capacity. You can also use the spatial utilization heat map to get an idea of how busy the AP is.

That makes sense. I'll look into that as well. Thanks!

You can find more information on how to interpret the frame utilization and spatial utilization statistics in this white paper: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/file/cd32944507c14a2c7ee32a6de301a68af2284e57

2 Likes

This was a good paper. It explained a few things I had questions about. I wonder if there would be any value in exposing the individual SF bins to SNMP to keep an eye on that sort of thing, but it would be hard to narrow down to which subset of SM's are keeping a bin busy. 

Overall we really like the 450m it's done a lot more in 40MHz than I've seen anywhere else. 

1 Like