6.1 Firmware

We upgrade and installed 2 different 900mhz Advantage systems on a site and had the same problem with both. The software mode worked as specified…slow at 350 to 500 kb with bursts up to 700 only very rare. Links stay up solid and without probelms or issues. Latency was running around 40 ms as motorola claims.

We tried using the hardware scheduler (first) and it was much faster at 1.7 meg every time. however it would drop links every few minutes, take as long as 5 minutes to link up even with RSSI of 2800+ and jitter of 1. The latency got HORRIBLE at up to 125 ms and averaging around 80ms.

We tested 2 different access points and quite a few SMs and received the same results every time. Motorola support was beyond worthless and just said We are the only ones to ever report a problem with the canopy system, 6.1 software or anything motorola so it’s just us. They claimed it could be the loss of ability to run Transmit Frame Spreading so we turned TFS off with same results and it remains off to prove them wrong. Links stay up for days with TFS turned off and no issues.

Very unhappy with Motorola non-support

I plan on doing the 6.1 upgrade to 6 BH links either today or tomorrow, no Advantage. I am a little worried from what I heard about so far. We’ll see what happens… :?

Aaron

I deployed the 6.1 through out our network just before Christmas (we had previously deployed 6.0 and hardware sync on all of our 900MHz gear). To date we have not noticed any significant operational differences (yes, hardware syn gave improved through put, but tightened the tolerances for a sticky AP-SM pair).

Has anyone deployed a 6.1 VLAN operationally yet?

On the old software this was called " Antenna Gain " and you were supposed to enter in the dB of your antenna. In the new software this is refered to as "Transmitter Output Power " and you need to subtract the dB of your antenna and then enter in the number, ie 10dB antenna - 36 = 26 Transmitter Output Power. Better to set this to high than to low.