75/25 ratio low client's upload

We have some problems with uplink speeds of subscribers modules using 75/25 ratio. When the AP is  under the load approximately 45-55 mbit/s of downlink and 5-7 mbit/s  of uplink the build in speed test shows very slow upload speeds. As a result all clients have high jitter and pings. We have to start using 50/50 ratio. With 50/50 everything is fine exept lack of availiable download speed of CPEs.

How to insrease available upload speed from clients? There are many sectors with the same  problem. We have rather high SNR and CINR levels and and most of clients have MCS 15 for both transmit and recieve.

As a result all clients have high jitter and pings. We have to start using 50/50 ratio. With 50/50 everything is fine exept lack of availiable download speed of CPEs.

GuL

Hi,

I see that the devices are on MCS15 for both transmit and recieve,this is the maximum possible mode for modulation.

That means that it is already giving you maximum uplink/dowlink possible.

I see you have issues with the uplink speed i.e it is less when you are using 75/25 ratio but if you change it to 50/50,dowlink speed becomes an issue.

For now we do not have any available options which will give you a chance to set the uplink in b/w 25 to 50 %.

We do have a flexible mode but that can only be used in case of a single unsync user.

Regards

Hardik

@haver wrote:

We have some problems with uplink speeds of subscribers modules using 75/25 ratio. When the AP is  under the load approximately 45-55 mbit/s of downlink and 5-7 mbit/s  of uplink the build in speed test shows very slow upload speeds. As a result all clients have high jitter and pings. We have to start using 50/50 ratio. With 50/50 everything is fine exept lack of availiable download speed of CPEs.

How to insrease available upload speed from clients? There are many sectors with the same  problem. We have rather high SNR and CINR levels and and most of clients have MCS 15 for both transmit and recieve.

Actually, please take a look at your uplink interference using the spectrum analyzer. Even though you have good RSSI and SNR it is important to understand what your C/I (Carrier to Interference ratio) is. Take a measurement using the spectrum analyzer and then subtract that number from your UL RSSI. You need 30dB or so to operate in MCS15. It is possible that your UL MCS state is fluctuating quite a bit. Can you take a screen capture of your UL capacity & quality?

As a possible corrective action, I noticed that you  are in other region. Can you try increasing your SM tx power please? You can either manually set this or change the TRL (Target Receive level) at the AP. 

Sakid

I don't know why, but when I operate the 75/25 in clean environment and run the TPUT test, my uplink is also lower than expected and I can see lot of dropped packets. Switching the very same link to PTP mode (ePTP Master - ePTP Slave) - my Error Dropped Packets counters are zero and the tput is fine (DL/UL @40Mhz ~140/150 Mbps).

a screen shot of your performance screen and of your wireless stats page would be really helpful to help us help you.

do you have more than one end point on this AP?

We are seeing the same issue.  at 75/25 upload throughput comes to a crawl, jitter and ping times spike.  Only solution is to go to 50/50, but you give up a lot of download for this.

For example one ap has 29 clients on it, uploads speeds to clients are a mixture of 1Mbps and and 2 Mbps.  Under moderate activity can't get more than .2 mbps to any client.  pings go from 25-40ms to 125-600ms.

Change to 50/50 everyone gets full upload queue and normal pings return.

May be having 65/35 or 60/40 ratio could help us!

We still see issues when running 75/25 ratios.  This is happening on all ap's we have deployed with varying number of clients.  Below is an graph of an ap with 11 clients.  At 75/25, ping times are terrible spiking to 100+ms.  The only change made was to 50/50 and as you can see ping times calmed down to around 30ms

The 11 clients have packages from 2x1 to 10x2.

My wireless stats

Haver what software version are you running?

Any updates to this?  Is it being worked on?

We see upload total frame time at 99.7% on all of our ePMP1000 GPS APs in 75/25 mode.  Downlink is around 3% at the same time.  Total traffic on the AP at the time is between 20Kbps to 1.2Mbps on downlink.  Uplink did not come off the bottom appreciably.   When users are active we tend to see up to 11Mbps downlink and 400Kbps uplink.  We are running 2.4.1 on two sectors and 2.4.3 on the third.

I changed the ratio to 50/50 on all three 2.4GHz sectors and the upload total frame time on all three sectors is now 99.8%.

Maybe the math is just getting done in the wrong order or with the wrong sign and it is actually 0.3% in 75/25 and 0.2% in 50/50?

Hello lambert,

There is a know issue with the reporting of the UL frame utilization. It either always about 0% or 100%, and it does not accurately reflects utilization of the UL. We are aware of it and the fix should be included in a future release.

Regards

Is it fixed in 2.5 ?

I made investigation of the issue.

We have excelen test site. Sector A has 15 subscribers, sector D has 45, so totally 70. All of them are int the area about 120 degrees.

I droped users from havy loaded sector, than start to move users by 5 back. I did measurement  by wireless link test from one user. There are link speed degradation correlated on number of users. 

Speed degradation

According to the monitoring total upload utilisation never rich 5,9 Mbit which is much less of capacity of the system.

1 Like

Software version is 2.4.1

news?

Can you post a screen shot of your wireless connections from the access point ? As well as a screen shot from the performance tab ?