8.1 P10 SM on a 7.3.6 P8 AP

We just got a batch of P10s with 8.1 on them. I’m trying to put one on an older P8 AP. The P8 AP doesn’t support hardware scheduling… So how can I make an 8.1 P10 SM work on this AP? With a 7.3.6 P9 SM, I would normally just set it to software scheduling, but I can not find any options to set this new SM to software scheduling.

I should also mention that I’ve read some talk about the P10s with 8.1.x not being reccomended to go back to an older software… So I’m a little leary of trying that. Has anyone done this before?

We have same problem. Several P10 5700SM(FW 8.1.5) and P8 5700AP(FW 7.3.6). Is it possible to safely dowgrade P10 5700SM firmware to verison 7.3.6?

You will have to upgrade your APs to P9.

For what it’s worth, the “upgrade to Advantage” program foresaw this which is why Mot pushed so hard to get people to upgrade AP’s.

I think you might be up against the wall.

Bu t i can’t change it to hardware, because i have several SM P8, then how i can connect an SM P10 with AP in software mode??

mjguadarrama wrote:
Bu t i can't change it to hardware, because i have several SM P8, then how i can connect an SM P10 with AP in software mode??

You can change P8 SM into hardware mode. There is a tool in CNUT. You can't run P10 SM in software mode.

This is a really BAD situation for a lot of us out here. I have a lot of p8 SMs and APs. I have started to upgrade the APs to P9 hardware but now if I have to go to P10 going to be a big issue… Are they trying to put us out of business??? If I cant buy P9 SM hardware then I will be looking for a change… Or am I just missing something??

I would recomend to upgrade Aps to P9. Hardware S. works more stable than SS…
You can convert those P8 Aps into SM and then make them work in Hardware S.