8.2.7 released

That is not likely to happen any time soon. It would be more appropriate to move down to 8.2.4 where this issue is not present. I have found the P9 hardware and 8.xx do not mix.
Main issue as stated in a previous reply is P9-8.2.4 and for no apparent reason the SM stops sending / receiving data for 5 - 30 seconds. This drops VOIP, VPN, gaming or any other consistent stream of data. All the previous mention applications my customer pay a premium to have work consistantly.

There is not a new session created, so that would lead me to believe that the unit remained connected. The timing is erratic and is resolved by moving all P9 hardware to 7.3.6. I have not noticed this issue with P10 hardware.
If I know for a fact this has been resolved in 8.2.7 then I would do the upgrade, the release notes do not mention this bug anywhere so I have to assume it is still present.

I’m seeing the opposite, interestingly enough. 8.2.4 didn’t do much for me other than require me to RMA a few Lite units and notice further degradation with some of my clients that should be having no issues at all.

8.2.7 looks promising as I am seeing much more stable connections again. Keeping my fingers crossed the trend continues as I roll it out on more sites.

As with a lot of these Motorola issues they seem to affect some people differently than others.

anthonyw wrote:
I have found the P9 hardware and 8.xx do not mix.

We have hundreds of P9's (BH, AP, SM) in the field running v8.x.x software and no issues to report. Then again we don't enable NAT thru the SM's either.

I'd highly recommend RF balancing your AP('s) if you haven't done so.

I upgraded the whole network to 8.2.7. After rebooting a bunch of customer routers the phone went quiet for two days now.

I went full blown on 200 customers on a mountain AP and everything is stable and no more re-regs. Looks extremely promising.

I just noticed that on 900MHz modules they dropped the power level from a maximum 28 down to a maximum of 26 now. Kind of a bummer since none of my APs would be over the FCC limit with a power level of 28.

According to the release notes, even though in past versions it said it could go up to 28, there was really no difference in power level from 26 to 28. Now the software just reflects that.

We have always noticed a difference in using 28db over 26db especially with our longer shots it definitely increased the uplink efficiency no doubt.

I’m now running about a 1000 Sm’s and many AP’s, BH’s…

NO ISSUES AS OF YET!!!

FINALLY a firmware that doesn’t seem to have any major issues!

I’ve got all of my APs and BHs running this release now. Everything seems a lot snappier and less problematic. Very happy with this release so far.

MAJOR ISSUE WITH P9 AP HARDWARE!!!

We are seeing 10% - 20% packet loss across entire sectors that are 900 mhz P9 AP and mix of P10 and P9 sm’s AP’s are loaded from 60 - 95 SM’s. This issue is NOT present when running 7.3.6.
All units are running 8.2.7 and effects both P9 and P10 SM’s
Loss is on last link between AP and SM with 4 control slots. Radio units do not disconnect from the tower. Link tests run 98% - 100%. Happens in both 1x and 2x mode. Overage counter is nominal and not proportional to the amount of lost packets.

I can not recommend an upgrade. This issue has been around for at least 8.2.4

I apologize for the double post.
I am seriously tired of this.

Possibly the issue has found or a work around.
Seems that the 10 Base T full duplex causes serious CRC erros. Changed to 100 base T full duplex and issue seems to be resolved. We will be testing further to see if this is the root cause.

Well after several hours and over 7000 pings with 0 lost we believe there is an issue in the Ethernet side of the radio and 10 base T modulation.
No mater if the AP has 9 customer or 90+ customers and there does not seem to be a correlation on what type of switch is used be it a HP pro curve or a cheap $20 switch if the AP is set to 10bT it will have significant CRC errors that result in packet loss. 100base T does not seem to show this behavior.

I apologize for the double post

I’m seeing issues on a small handful of customers with special configurations (SM hooked to a switch and doing NAT).

Today I had a P10 Lite unit act up. DHCP server took a dump and will no longer hand out valid IP addresses after being powered on for longer than 5 minutes. Setting a static IP resolves the issue. Customer will ultimately end up needing a router (which is probably a good thing anyway).

Not noticing the packet loss/crc problems on my P9 APs but I will definitely be watching in case they start cropping up. I have my units forced to 10MegFD.