900 mhz?

Is the motorola 900 mhz wireless good for gaming? Has any one worked with any gaming? Ping low? Stable?

pings start as low as 35ms if you are in the same area however there is still some occasional lag (packet loss?).
I use Xlink Kai (in Western Australia) 200kms East of Perth. Any other players in WA have good pings - eastern states around 145ms.
I don’t use Xbox Live much do to getting matched up with players in the US where the pings are probably 250ms plus. Good Ol’ Telstra.
You do have dropouts due to the wireless network occasionally (fledging ISP?).
Beats Satellite hands down - the only other way I could get Broadband.

In short - low pings (locally) Stable ~90% of the time.

I’ve noticed some -very- weird things with it.

For the most part, I have many users on my system that play CounterStrike, World of Warcraft, etc. (As I play both myself, I can understand further the problems that they have).

Most of it depends on your network. 99.9% of the time our gaming customers have perfectly fine pings to Counterstrike, WoW, etc. However I have noticed some weird things like we a client who has a wireless router and 2 pc’s connected to his SM. He plays Ultima Online. They’ll be playing the game and their character will “lock up” or freeze. Seems like packet loss to me, HOWEVER, they can still talk in their voice communication program (Ventrilo) without any issue. They can also talk on AIM, MSN, etc.

And it’s not server lag because their friends on a DSL connection of ours have no issue.

I would assume that is network related, and not canopy related however. The packetloss I see to our customers is somewhere ~.1-.3% and who knows how accurate that is using Intermapper.

Ok i run a ping in cmd.exe to www.google.com -t . I steadly good a good ping around 100 give or take a little. When i click on a webiste i start getting time outs about 3/4 of the time and the webpage doesnt come up. When the webpage comes up the time outs stop and the pinging starts back. When i am just surfing i get about 3 to 6 webpages into surfing then i get a “page cannont be displayed” and my internet stops working. Any help? also it does it behind a linkysy router or hooked directly to the pc.

poor connection, try reaiming the sm unit. You shouldn’t loose any packets.

Set up and ping something in the system try and find out where the loose is taking place.

Is from the sm to the ap? or the ap to the backhaul? you get the picture

Chas wrote:
I've noticed some -very- weird things with it.

For the most part, I have many users on my system that play CounterStrike, World of Warcraft, etc. (As I play both myself, I can understand further the problems that they have).

What server on WOW?