about 900Mhz,thanks

900Mhz AP & SM 's outputpower?
Now I need install it with a Hyperlink 900Mhz Amplifier(10W),but Amplifier’s max inputpower is 100mw.
I want to know whether they can work right each other?
By the way,how long distance 900Mhz canopy can work right in NLOS environment with 10w Amplifier&8DB omni antenna ?
my poor english… ,thanks

bhuwireless wrote:
900Mhz AP & SM 's outputpower?
Now I need install it with a Hyperlink 900Mhz Amplifier(10W),but Amplifier's max inputpower is 100mw.
I want to know whether they can work right each other?
By the way,how long distance 900Mhz canopy can work right in NLOS environment with 10w Amplifier&8DB omni antenna ?
my poor english...... ,thanks

I believe that at 26dbm the 900MHz puts out 400mw. At its lowest power setting of 3dbm I think it would be around 2mw . So, if my math or understanding of the whole "dbm to watts" thing is even close then the 20dbm setting in the config for the radio would put you at around 100mw.

I don't know much about RF though so I could be way off the mark here ( I get the whole DBM , Watts, EIRP , Gain thing mixed up... a lot. )

thanks,I want to know about 900Mhz in NLOS environment with 10W amplifier and 8DB omni antenna.Who can help me ?

First off, 10W @ 900MHz is illegal in the US so not many people are going to be able to (or want to) help you.

Second, assuming that 10W is legal in your region, you will need an amplifier that will operate with 2FSK and 4FSK at 3Mbps signaling rate.

You are pretty much on your own

My first reaction was to tell him/her that 10 Watts was illegal in the US but then figured, possibly incorrectly, that he/she was not in the US because of the comment about poor English and the 10watts at 900MHz question.

my customer is a military,so amplifier is not a problem.How to know whether amplifier can operate in 2FSK or 4FSK?

Amplifier datasheet:
General Specifications 5 Watt & 10 Watt Models
Frequency 902 - 928 MHz
Receive Gain 15 dB
Max. Input Power 100 mW (20 dBm) (Call for higher input levels)
Operating Mode Bi-directional, half-duplex Time Division Duplex. Senses RF carrier from transmitter and automatically switches from receive to transmit mode
Water Resistant Rating (Outdoor Models) IEC 60529 IPX7
Current Draw 4.5A Peak Tx and 0.12A Peak Rx
Supply Voltage 12VDC -1.5V / +1V
Operating Temperature -40°C to 50°C
(-40°F to 122°F)

HyperAmp® HA900 series RF amplifiers are compatible with 900 MHz wireless LAN equipment including the new generation 2.75 Mbit CCK (Complementary Code Keying) spread spectrum radios. Hyperlink’s Active Power Control circuit automatically adjusts the amplifier’s gain to provide a constant output power regardless of cable length.

The HyperAmp® HA900 series improves range by delivering full transmit power and receive gain directly at the antenna where it is most effective. This gain compensates for cable losses and actually increases the receive sensitivity of most wireless LAN radios. The unit can be configured to deliver the full transmit power with as little as 1 mW of input power, permitting cable runs of several hundred feet with no degradation in operating range.

Indoor Models
Designed to be installed indoors or in a weather-resistant enclosures such as the HyperLink NEMA enclosure, the HA900I series feature rugged machined aluminum housings. The indoor series amplifiers include a Power Supply.

Outdoor Models
The HA900 models feature rugged, machined aluminum weather-proof construction to ensure years of reliable operation in the harshest environments. Included with the outdoor models, the DC Power Injector provides power to the HyperAmp® through the antenna cable, simplifying installation. Current-sensing circuits provide remote amplifier diagnostic LEDs. In addition, this unit provides effective lightning protection with multi-strike capability.

Product Availability
Amplifier products are available for export, military, licensed amateur radio (ham radio) and OEM component sales only and as part of complete FCC Certified Systems. Individual RF amplifier products are not offered for sale in the USA.

Note:
This Hyperlink bi-directional amplifier is designed for burst half-duplex operation. It is not intended for constant transmit, CW or high duty cycle operation. Operation of the amplifier in CW or high duty cycle modes will damage the amplifier and void the warranty.

I found it!
900 MHz Bi-Directional RF Amplifiers for Telemetry Applications, Spread Spectrum Wireless LAN, SCADA, FSK and CCK Spread Spectrum Radios