All AP have same channel

Hi there!

On my last installation, cnMaestro on-promise ver. 2.2.0-r60 and about 10 e410 ver.
3.11.3.1-r4, i did not touched anything in advanced setting about radio, so all is by default.
But i noticed that about all e410 have the same channel.
In other installation, e410’s channel had automatic selection without any setting.
Any suggestion?

Many Thanks,
Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Where are you seeing the channel setting? Is it a Configuration context or is it a display of the channel the radio is operating on (automatically selected)?

Best Regards,
Jordan

Could you please confirm if the default configuration of Channel is set to “AUTO/AUTOMATIC”?

Many Thanks for your answer!

Sure, Channel Setting is ‘Auto’. More, in Radio configuration i do not change anything from default.
And, look at radio channel chosen by AP, 7 AP are on channel 6, 1 AP on channel 11 and one e500 outdoor had chosen channel 1.
My doubt is that i have chosen wrong installation of APs. Perhaps, they are too close.

Many Thanks!

Please enable Auto-RF to have APs on different channel in both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz band.

Ok, thanks, i’ll give it a try, and let you know.
Meanwhile, i’ll have to check only Auto RF? What does it mean ‘Deprecated’ in Channel Selection Mode? In other words, is it there a ‘best practice’ about this feature?

Thanks!

If you are using software version 3.11.4 and 4.0, please enable Auto-RF and rest be at its default.

For version 4.1 and above, please enable auto-rf.

Ok, Thanks!

I’ll let you know…

Thanks!