Alpha Wireless 2x 4x4 60°x120° 3000 sector ! Anyone using?

It appears to be just like the KPP’s 5hv5hv-65sa ( 2x 2x2 60° sectors in one enclosure oriented to cover x120°) we were using with the 3000L only 4x4 and it says made specifically for the 3000 !

This makes me so happy! I think… Anyone used/using them ? I don’t think I have ever used an Alpha Wireless sector but the name is familiar, like maybe some of the antennas I have used were actually made by Alpha Wireless and branded by someone else (KPP maybe ? or maybe Last Mile Gear?)

SKU: AW3798-T2-H

I would also like to know if you could use the Beamforming Smart Antennas with this sector.

I ordered a couple and got them in today. Was surprised by how light they were. I like light, I love light, but my first thought was remembering how light the IT-Elite sectors were and how much I really liked that until I discovered they they had the same front-to-back ratio as an Omni… Guess I’ll find out when we get them on a tower.

There is on real big negative. The radios bolt to a bar and that bar bolts to the sector. You can not replace one radio without removing both… that’s really bad design IMHO and we will probably end up mounting the radios on the pole/mast which doesn’t look nearly as nice/clean.

It also takes 3 different size Torx and 3 different wrenches to assemble. Shorted me a stainless steel lock washer and 2 galvanize lock washers but there’s probably 10 extra flat washers and half a dozen extra nuts.

It uses threaded rods instead of instead of bolts, not a fan of that. The shroud over the top of the radios is held on by four very small bolts complete with flat washers and lock washers… tiny little stainless steel bolts and washers are the best when you’re wearing gloves and hanging a few hundred feet in the air.

It actually looks / feels well built though. Solid but really light.

2 Likes

Looking forward to hearing about performance. Please keep us posted. I have a tower I would like to install these, but I am concerned with interference.

1 Like

Yeah, those Alpha’s look pretty interesting. Claims to have 30dB F/B ratio!

Let us know how they work out!

1 Like