Alpha Wireless 2x 4x4 60°x120° 3000 sector ! Anyone using?

It appears to be just like the KPP’s 5hv5hv-65sa ( 2x 2x2 60° sectors in one enclosure oriented to cover x120°) we were using with the 3000L only 4x4 and it says made specifically for the 3000 !

This makes me so happy! I think… Anyone used/using them ? I don’t think I have ever used an Alpha Wireless sector but the name is familiar, like maybe some of the antennas I have used were actually made by Alpha Wireless and branded by someone else (KPP maybe ? or maybe Last Mile Gear?)

SKU: AW3798-T2-H

I would also like to know if you could use the Beamforming Smart Antennas with this sector.

Looking forward to hearing about performance. Please keep us posted. I have a tower I would like to install these, but I am concerned with interference.

1 Like

Yeah, those Alpha’s look pretty interesting. Claims to have 30dB F/B ratio!

Let us know how they work out!

1 Like

^^ THIS ^^
Even just a good ol’ WiFi type site survey is still sorely missing.

It would tell us 90% of what we need to know after 10 seconds.
The SA tells us 10% of what we need to know after 90 minutes.

2 Likes

It seems like it’s doing OK with grouping. Looks like there are 7 Force 300’s connected, and several of them were able to group with 3-4-5 other of the F300’s, which is good.

I find it difficult to really test the MU-MIMO when you’ve got N gear and QOS in the mix too. I find it basically needs to be wide open and really pushed to the max before it does much MU-MIMO. I do see that the two SM’s you’re testing with are both QOS 0 and so as long as they are grouping partners with each other, that should get some MU-MIMO going.

As far as I know, the MU-MIMO is always trying to figure what is the fastest/best way… and if it figures it can easily handle the data requirements as SU, then that’s what it’ll do. I’ve also heard Cambium refer to it as “getting warmed up” I think, so there’s some learning or training going on. Personally I’ve set 3000’s down to 20 Mhz and tested a bunch of times, and the MU-MIMO get’s better and better the more tests I run, and is much more likely to kick in at 20 Mhz, because it’s twice as likely to ‘need to’ than a 40 Mhz mode AP is. I’ve also set AP’s to 50/50 rather than 75/25 just to test - and again, it’s much more likely for MU-MIMO to kick in on a 50/50 AP because it’s got less SU-MIMO capacity and it ‘needs to’ sooner. At least, that’s the way I think it goes.

Anyway – this thread is about those antennas – they look interesting, and it’d be great to hear how your testing is going, and if fw 4.7 is working out even better? :slight_smile: