Alternative to rate limiting until MIR/QOS profiles are added to ePMP3000

Is there an alternative to rate limiting until MIR/QOS profiles are added to ePMP3000.  Our network, and a second ISP who re-sells are not a concern, but the third ISP who re-sells does not rate limit and we do so through the MIR profiles. Is there any other option in these radios for a temporary solution?

Steven

2 Likes

Hi,

One of the options is to limit rate on PPPoE server in case you are using it.

Thank you.

Our company already limits this way, but the third ISP that re-sells our internet does not, hence the need for MIR profiles

Worst case you can do queues in your "tower router" with the IPs they have (easy on mikrotik but unsure on other carriers)

We are working now to introduce QoS and MIR for PMP in 4.4 Release.
Beta FW will be available in ~2 weeks.

Thank you.

1 Like

@Fedor wrote:
We are working now to introduce QoS and MIR for PMP in 4.4 Release.
Beta FW will be available in ~2 weeks.

Thank you.

Any news on this front?  I've been sitting on about $20k of gear for a couple months that we still can't deploy because we need MIR limiting.

j

Hi newkirk,

The beta with MIR is going out online today.

Thanks,

Dmitry

5 Likes

@Dmitry Moiseev wrote:

Hi newkirk,

The beta with MIR is going out online today.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Fantastic news, hope it progresses to full release smoothly.

j

I see you add the MIR profiles in latest beta.  When will the MIR through radius be implemented?

Any news on the QOS front?

I am looking at deploying the 3000 series but we must have MIR/QOS profiles. PPPoE may be an alternative but it is not a good solution, with out old network it was a good option but with IPoE based networks it doesnt work well when package speeds are over 50Mbps.

1 Like

MIR/QoS support has been there for about 6 months now for the ePMP3000 sectors.

j