Any advantage of having Force 110 PTP at both ends of link ?

I was going to test a Force 110 PTP link and just assumed that I would need a Force 110 PTP for each end. But after I got to thinking about it I thought "wait a minute, won't a normal non-sync ePMP work on the client end ?"  Actually after thinking about it I think maybe that was how it was intended to be and I just incorrectly assumed both ends required Force 110 PTP radios.

So is there any advantage to using a Force 110 PTP  at both ends of the link ?

Thanks

Edit:  It just occurred to me that a standard ePMP will not have gigabit Ethernet which I assume the PTP radio does.

Indeed, it will work.

PTP on each end will give you a stronger signal with less fade and interferance from your surroundings.

The dishes also typically have a higher gain so you can increase the signal DB, while decreasing the power.

Once they are dialed in they are pretty solid with a consistent signal.

Don't get me wrong, an AP will work but its just made for a more PTMP implementation because it has a wider beam.

"PTP on each end will give you a stronger signal with less fade and interferance from your surroundings."

Interesting if true.

"The dishes also typically have a higher gain so you can increase the signal DB, while decreasing the power."

Not sure what you mean here, the dish would be the same no matter what connectorized ePMP a person used.

"Don't get me wrong, an AP will work but its just made for a more PTMP implementation because it has a wider beam."

Hmm I may not have been clear. I wasn't considering using an AP since an AP costs twice what a PTP cost and four times a standard CPE . Isn't the PTP just an AP with a restriction on number of client radios (10) you can connect to it ? Anyway I was talking about using a standard connectorized ePMP customer radio on the other end of the link not an AP.

Seems the loss of GigE would be the biggest downside to using a CPE  in the link.

PTP  will give you a stronger signal with less fade, interferance from your surroundings.
The dishes also have a higher gain (25 dB) so you can increase the signal strength. This depends on your region

however If you are running on a tighter Budget you can go for a ePMP. which can work as a PTP device .

Hmm I may not have been clear. I wasn't considering using an AP since an AP costs twice what a PTP cost and four times a standard CPE . Isn't the PTP just an AP with a restriction on number of client radios (10) you can connect to it ? Anyway I was talking about using a standard connectorized ePMP customer radio on the other end of the link not an.

Get free demos for [url=http://www.cert-killer.net/640-916-dumps.html]cert killer 640-916[/url].

yes you can use a PTP force 110 and a ePMP on PTP mode at your client end

I think the question is this [and if not, I'll ask anyhow]:

These are the three configurations  for a point-to-point link using the Force 110 line:

1. Force 110 PTP to Force 110 PTP
  2. Force 110 PTP to Force 110
  3. Force 110 to Force 110

Are there any benefits to options 1 or 2 other than Gigabit ports and the new GPS sync option?

Thanks - Chris

@uberdome wrote:

I think the question is this [and if not, I'll ask anyhow]:

These are the three configurations  for a point-to-point link using the Force 110 line:

1. Force 110 PTP to Force 110 PTP
  2. Force 110 PTP to Force 110
  3. Force 110 to Force 110

Are there any benefits to options 1 or 2 other than Gigabit ports and the new GPS sync option?

Thanks - Chris

Chris - You nailed it. The Force 110 PTP radio also has a bigger memory and dual flash (active and inactive banks). Plus it supports 802.3af PoE in addition to the proprietary PoE. 

brubble1's original question is slightly different and I believe Gokula answered it. There is nothing stopping you from using a regular ISM (Integrated SM) on the other end of a Force 110 PTP radio, other than the obvious differences you and I have stated above. 

Thanks,

Sriram