Any word on 80 Ghz Backhaul Radios?

Recently at CanWISP, Cambium spoke about an 80 Ghz radio coming to market, and I was wondering if there was a release date or any official documentation available about these products.

Thanks.

Hi Neil, yes we have released the PTP820E.  The PTP 820E supports 62.5, 125, 250, and 500 MHz channels and delivers up to 2.5 Gbps Ethernet throughput. PTP 820E also support multiband configurations with PTP 820C or PTP 820S and shares a single multiband antenna (in 18GHz or 23GHz). Multiband configuration enables operators to benefit simultaneously from the high capacity of E-band and the high reliability of microwave.  PTP 820E shares the same UI and similar features as the PTP 820 series.

There are connectorized and integrated models.  Both can be configured for 1+0 or 2+0 operation.

I'm not sure why it's not on the website just yet, but I've attached the specs and would encourage you to reach out to your distributor or Cambium representative for more information.  Look for PTP820E to be in LINKPlanner late Q2.

4 Likes

PTP820E is officially supported in LINKPlanner 5.1.0.  Reach out to your Cambium Sales teams with any questions.

Here is a link to the product webinar: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Licensed-Microwave/PTP-820E-E-Band-Product-Overview-Webinar/m-p/106600#M1387 

2 Likes