AP and SM Configuration Backup questions

We have a few questions regarding the AP/SM configuration backups.  We are excited about this functionality because it could save us a ton of time in restoration scenarios.

FYI we use on-premises cnMaestro.

1.  Is it possible to backup only AP configs and not SM configs?

2.  Is there a way to schedule automatic backups on a regular basis (i.e. Backup once an hour/day/week/month etc)?

3.  Where are the configuration backups stored locally on cnMaestro?

4.  Does cnMaestro have the ability to send configuration backups to an external server (SFTP, TFTP, SCP, etc)?

5.  Currently after a configation backup we see the numbers of success/fail.  Is it possible to see devices that failed configuration backup?

6.  What is the intended purpose of the Export button?  On our cnMaestro it redirects to a template page that 404s.  We're assuming a zip file or similar is to be produced.

Hi Nelson,

Which version of cnMaestro are you using. If i understand it correct you are looking for the feature of configuration backup of AP and SM.

Thanks,

KR.

Hi KR,

We are on version 1.6.2-r11.  We are curious if there is a way backup only the AP configs to a remote server.  If that is currently not possible, where can we find the configs on the cnmaestro on-premises?  That way we can setup something temporary until a solution is provided via cnMaestro.

Hi Nelson,

Currently we do not support the backup of the device configs whether it is AP or SM. You can download the configuration of a device currenlty by selecting that particular device in the tree and then navigate to the configuration page and click on the view device configuration link. You can see the config in the popup as well as you can download the config also.

Regards,

KR.

@KR wrote:

Hi Nelson,

Currently we do not support the backup of the device configs whether it is AP or SM. You can download the configuration of a device currenlty by selecting that particular device in the tree and then navigate to the configuration page and click on the view device configuration link. You can see the config in the popup as well as you can download the config also.

Regards,

KR.

What is this section under system->configuration titled "Global PMP/ePMP Configuration Backup" for, and where do I find the documentation at?

I don't see this in Version 1.6.3-r15, under System>Configuration. It'll probably be back later!

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. This feature was of beta quality and somehow got shipped with 1.6.2 version. We have removed it from 1.6.3 as it is still not ready. We will let you know the release version once feature is ready.

Thanks,

Ajay

Here backup example for AP

https://help.cambiumnetworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/229642247-How-do-I-backup-and-restore-my-AP-configuration

But I have the same goals as you.

With security in mind

These what I want

1. I don't want to backup cnMaestro using ftp or tftp

I want scp, sftp or gmail (I ask regarding gmail in this forum)

Can I use linux expect to do local backup and scp to other server

2. Where can I download cnMaestro CLI guide

3. I want scheduled backup too

4. I also want rollback config

For example in Cisco or Juniper. I can set 10 minutes rollback.

So in case I missconfig something. It will back to previous config.

This usefull if cnMaestro in Remote location

Many things to improve

Hello,

We use CnMaestro on premises Version 1.6.3-r19. We are now close to 30 APs being managed and as we intend to steadily grow I am concerned of how can I backup CNMaestro config.

If this VM for whatever reason goes down, or storage gets corrupted I would like to quickly spin over a new VM and import CNMaestro config. As we speak we have under 200 MAC addreses stored on CnMaestro.

What is our best option here?

Thanks,

Florin.

I found what I waS looking for in Application \ Server \ Operations.

Nice product!

1 Like

Has this moved in 2.4.2? I don’t see it in Application/Server/Operations

Edit: I found this more recent post.

It’s Under System Tree/Configuration/Set Type for PMP or ePMP, then at the bottom there is a Global Backup option

1 Like