AP GUI lock-up

Hey all,

At my witts end here and I hope it's not just me. I have an ePmp 2.4 GPS Omni that has been locking up. Most of the time it is the GUI that quits respondin, no ping response, but it shows up in the ARP table of my router and the CPEs appear to be up.

It came back up by itself and I was able to log in only to discover it had dropped all the CPEs.

The GUI showd 2.4.3 in the Active bank and 2.5 in the inactive bank....

I rebooted and the CPEs came back.

I then upgraded to 2.5.1 and rebooted.

Again, the gUI is gone, the AP is not replying to pings, but I can see it in the ARP tables and the customers are up..

This absolutley sucks!!

Is it just me or anyone else have some insight into this issue.

THanks,

Isaac

Couple Questions.

1. When accessing/upgrading are you using Chrome or IE

2. Did you wait for the login page to refresh itself when upgraded to 2.5.1 or did you manually refresh the page.

3. If you can now access the GUI but are still having issues, try resetting the unit since you are now on 2.5.1

4. Are you on the same network as the AP? or are you remotely accessing the unit from like a cell phone connection?

Couple Questions.

I typically use chrome with ePmp

2. Did you wait for the login page to refresh itself when upgraded to 2.5.1 or did you manually refresh the page.

Truth be told it never started replying to pings again so I never refreshed.

3. If you can now access the GUI but are still having issues, try resetting the unit since you are now on 2.5.1

It took hours for the unit to even be accesible after upgrading.

4. Are you on the same network as the AP? or are you remotely accessing the unit from like a cell phone connection?

The tower is remote. It has a MT router connected to it and it is on a routed subnet.  When it's down it isn't accesible from anywhere. If I log into the MT router I can see the ARP but it will not reply to pings, even  if I run a ping from the MT router.

We have seen very similar behavior.  When that happens, the APs still respond to the default IP (169.254.1.1).   We have found that loading a 169.254.1.0/24 IP on that router's interface and then SSH'ing (or Web Proxy if you're so inclinded) to the radio and rebooting will bring the AP back online with it's saved/normal config.   Before realizing this trick, we were going to sites to power cycle.

We have roughly 100 APs in production and there is only 5-10 that have exhibited this behavior, but... it sure annoying.   

1 Like

@Isaac Uban wrote:

Couple Questions.

I typically use chrome with ePmp

Truth be told it never started replying to pings again so I never refreshed.

It took hours for the unit to even be accesible after upgrading.

The tower is remote. It has a MT router connected to it and it is on a routed subnet.  When it's down it isn't accesible from anywhere. If I log into the MT router I can see the ARP but it will not reply to pings, even  if I run a ping from the MT router.

Isaac,

We have reports of some stability issues starting in release 2.5. We are checking to see if your issues track to one of our known issues and will get back to you soon. 

Sakid

1 Like

If this is a known issue then why did I get force fed the typical canned response yesterday? "reboot" log in "locally" "reboot" " reset to defaults" etc etc etc.

I have a 5ghz AP with kind of simlier issues. Ther gui becomes unresponsive but all users are connected and it keeps passing traffic. The AP Gui will not respond after puting in login info. It says your session timed out please log back in. If I am lucky sometimes it will login and I have to wait 30 seconds to 3 mins for the GUI to populate. If I make a change to the config it takes almost 4-5 mins sometimes.

It seems when these units have heavy traffic the CPU is unable the load and drops gui acces until the load is less.

I have recently upgraded to 2.5.2 to see if it helps but I told the Cambium tech I dont think its a hardware issue after what seems upgrading to 2.5.1 it started to appear if I remember correctly.

There needs to be some way of remotely logging CPU usage to confirm my suspisions!

Hi i have one ptmp in my network (in my home village to test the stuff) This morning i got the same problem. ANd every time is cold otuside (we not get a lot the last few week) the ap start to get problem. First i was thinkin is my cable. So i replace it. Next i replace the connector. Next i replace the Power Supply. But we got warm temperature for 2-3 weeks so everything was fine. But this morning i wake up -6  Celcius. Check the log on the  RB 750 3 reboot and ap locked up... So i connect ssh in the ap  and send a reboot. The ap never came up. REsult i have to go on site and power cycle myself... but the rest of the stuff on the tower go very well. (mikrotik dynadish backhaul + 1 Rocket M2 AP).

@accelwireless wrote:

If this is a known issue then why did I get force fed the typical canned response yesterday? "reboot" log in "locally" "reboot" " reset to defaults" etc etc etc.

I have a 5ghz AP with kind of simlier issues. Ther gui becomes unresponsive but all users are connected and it keeps passing traffic. The AP Gui will not respond after puting in login info. It says your session timed out please log back in. If I am lucky sometimes it will login and I have to wait 30 seconds to 3 mins for the GUI to populate. If I make a change to the config it takes almost 4-5 mins sometimes.

It seems when these units have heavy traffic the CPU is unable the load and drops gui acces until the load is less.

I have recently upgraded to 2.5.2 to see if it helps but I told the Cambium tech I dont think its a hardware issue after what seems upgrading to 2.5.1 it started to appear if I remember correctly.

There needs to be some way of remotely logging CPU usage to confirm my suspisions!

That is a fault on our end as we failed to do proper internal communication on these known issues. We will rectify that asap. 

We will have a 2.5.2RC3 out shortly where we have fixed a few different issues in this area. We will make that available via a limited beta to see if that helps you.

@PCaddict wrote:

Hi i have one ptmp in my network (in my home village to test the stuff) This morning i got the same problem. ANd every time is cold otuside (we not get a lot the last few week) the ap start to get problem. First i was thinkin is my cable. So i replace it. Next i replace the connector. Next i replace the Power Supply. But we got warm temperature for 2-3 weeks so everything was fine. But this morning i wake up -6  Celcius. Check the log on the  RB 750 3 reboot and ap locked up... So i connect ssh in the ap  and send a reboot. The ap never came up. REsult i have to go on site and power cycle myself... but the rest of the stuff on the tower go very well. (mikrotik dynadish backhaul + 1 Rocket M2 AP).

I am sorry to hear that. We are working to identify if there is an issue around temperature. In the meantime, is there any way you could share the model # and MAC address of this unit that is exhibiting this problem?

Sakid

yeah sure is a 2.4ghz EPMP1000 GPS sync.

9 SM on it.

on 10 Mhz Band at 2457 Mhz IN Flexible mode (Was on gps sync but deactivated it to see if this was the cause of the reboot)

Now on a 802.3af 15.4 Watts POE

in AP Bridge mode with 3 VLAN. 

2 For MNGT

3 For VOIP

4 For PPPOE Traffic

im not sure witch mac you want wan or lan...

Wireless MAC Address 00:04:56:CA:7D:82
Ethernet MAC Address 00:04:56:CA:7D:81

My dealer was out of stock of connecterized 2.4 ghz for 3 weeks now...  so i will  try to find one somewhere else to swap it with a normal 2.4 ghz connecterized 

@PCaddict wrote:

yeah sure is a 2.4ghz EPMP1000 GPS sync.

9 SM on it.

on 10 Mhz Band at 2457 Mhz IN Flexible mode (Was on gps sync but deactivated it to see if this was the cause of the reboot)

Now on a 802.3af 15.4 Watts POE

in AP Bridge mode with 3 VLAN. 

2 For MNGT

3 For VOIP

4 For PPPOE Traffic

im not sure witch mac you want wan or lan...

Wireless MAC Address 00:04:56:CA:7D:82
Ethernet MAC Address 00:04:56:CA:7D:81

My dealer was out of stock of connecterized 2.4 ghz for 3 weeks now...  so i will  try to find one somewhere else to swap it with a normal 2.4 ghz connecterized 

So, this unit will easily reboot in cold temperatures is what you are saying? Do you have a back up unit? Any chance you could send us this sample unit asap? We can send you a replacement that we can screen in a temp chamber ahead of time

1 Like

yeah sure i can send you the unit. As we speak the temperature outside is around 1-2 Celcius since Sunday morning and no reboot at all... and the last 2 week we got good temperature over 0 and the ap doesn'T reboot at all...

Date and Time 22 Dec 2015, 11:42:47 EST
System Uptime 1 day, 13 hours

I get less reboot when is sunny outside and is just below 0 like -2 the heat of the sun keep them up ... but friday when the temperature drop to -6 the AP start to reboot like 35-45 min after sunset. and do it like 3-4 time in the night. And sometime ( happen 2 times) The AP completly locked up and i have to go powercycle myself. So  send me a msg in private with your mailing address and i give you mine. and i will send you the AP as soon as possible. FOr now i dont have any to replace them my dealer is backorder on 2.4ghz epmp since  3 weeks. (is my first deployment of cambium epmp) i will try to find one elsewhere.