are there compartable NIC with SM

Hello,
I have been working on SM and canopy but some of my clients are complaining but frequent lose of connection, they call and i will verify at my end to see if they registered most times they are no problems from my end, want to know if there are network interface card that are compartable with the CANOPY SM? because it has become frequent that it dsiturbs me.
I will like if anyone have a solution to it or have encountered such kind of problem.
blink26

blink26 wrote:
Hello,
I have been working on SM and canopy but some of my clients are complaining but frequent lose of connection, they call and i will verify at my end to see if they registered most times they are no problems from my end, want to know if there are network interface card that are compartable with the CANOPY SM? because it has become frequent that it dsiturbs me.
I will like if anyone have a solution to it or have encountered such kind of problem.
blink26

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking but I will throw this in.

The Canopy radios have a "auto detect" feature that, when you connect the patch cable to them they attempt to determine if the NIC at the other end of the cable is :

patch or crossover
and
100bt full duplex
100bt half duplex
10bt full duplex
10bt half duplex

When you go into the interface all these ethernet speeds have a mark in them. It will try to negotiate any that have a mark in them and I believe I read in the docs for v8 of the software that "problems with auto detect" have been fixed. This would seem to indicate that there are problems with this in any version earlier than v8.

If you haven't already, remove all but one of the Ethernet speed options ( I have a 900mhz system so 10bt / half duplex is more than fast enough for me and it always works) and see if that resolves the problem.

This isn't just a canopy issue , I have seen a lot of people in other forums for other radio makers being told to always force the radios to one setting (normally half duplex) because there are problems auto detecting the correct ethernet speed.

Hello Farell;
Thanks for reply and for the solutions proposed; i really much appreciated it ; i am working on my SMs right away to fix the transmission rate.
Blink26

Farrell is correct - not all NIC’s will negotiate correctly.

One way to see if they are having link Ethernet link problems is to set the radio to refresh every 3sec and then watch the status page to see if the Ethernet Inferface shows No Link.

Also, a virus or a worm on a customers computer will spew data which will cause sluggish connectivity. If they have a router, it can cause the router to lock up.