Ask about Force 400 30 db antenna

hello cambium community i just discovered your products i was using ubnt before now im switching to cambium networks im about to purchase Cambium Force 400 i would like to know what type of antennas are compatible thank you

Hi. Cambium makes the Force 425 and the Force 400c (connectorized). The Force 425 has it’s own build in 25 dB antenna, and they have a 28dBi ‘range extender’ thing available… .but we’ve found the Force 400c to be more flexible if you think you need more than the 25dBi gain.

We have Force 400c’s paired with UBNT antennas (Rocket 30 and 34) with fine results. They will also connect to pretty much any other dish too… they have antenna connectors and can connect to just about anything… although mounting them together is sometimes less ‘professional’ than expected.

My recommendation would be to get the signals on all chains into the 50’s and then you’ll be able to hit the DS11 modulations, and it will SCREAM. We get about 465 Mbit in a 40Mhz wide channel with ours – but the key is to get the signals and SNR were they need to be.

1 Like

thanks for the help i just wanted to purchase 400 C with a UBNT rocket dish

I am looking at installing a 20Km PTP link There is line of sight between the two points, and should be fairly free from sources of interference. I would like to see between 200Mb to 250Mb connection over it, what setup do you suggest? there is Rain Fog ocean the 400 C with The rocket antenna 30 dbi will be enough?

On my opinion, you’ll want to get this signals into the -50s on all chains, and you want to get your modulations to DS11. If you only get enough signal to only achieve DS9, then they won’t be much faster than f300 which can also achieve a DS9.

So, if you really REALLY want to see things scream, then you are going to want to get to DS11 and take advantage of the 1024 QAM - and that’s going to require the best signals you can get… and I don’t think 30 DB antennas will be quite enough.

However, the best way to tell would be to simulate the link in LinkPlanner software.

1 Like

my link is throught the ocean so i will use maximum dbi and modulation if possible i will try to use ubnt dish 30 dbi

i also have a question whats the meaning of those series

If you have the space and possibilities, install as large antennas as possible. It is amazing how much 3 and especially 6 dB SNR brings benefits in link quality, reduced interference bandwidth, etc. For example, if you install a 3 dB larger antenna, you can reduce the TX power on the radio by 3 dB. Multiple benefits. The radio heats up less and its operating time has been extended. By 3 dB, it has reduced the impact on its neighboring devices, ie less car interference and much more.
I have a sick passion to mount as large antennas as possible on PTP links. I don’t think there is a single used satellite TV parable in my immediate vicinity. Parabolas with a central focus that I did not buy or get for free as garbage. To do this pretty well for one afternoon. Adjust the feed of double polarization, cables, modify the mechanical grip and repaint if needed. The result is a very impressive antenna.
As far as the disease is concerned, the video says, dual pole antenna 4.8 - 6.2 GHz gain 40 dB.

1 Like

Every country in the world has its own regulatory rules. All countries in the world do not have the same voltage standard and do not have the same plugs and sockets. Your local Cambium dealer will supply you with a device that meets your country’s regulations with the appropriate power cord
Regards

1 Like